Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Accounts- Not Mine

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Accounts- Not Mine

I have a question for all the folks out there. I pulled my Experian report and there are two auto accounts from GM reporting. I have never had any accounts with GM. They are new because they were not on there two weeks ago. They are both fairly new accounts, one opened in 1999/ closed in 2010 and opened 2010/ closed 2011. Both have perfect histories and are showing a zero balance. My question is, should I have them removed because I've had experience in the past of trying to remove something and it updates to something worse? Since they are so recent are they affecting my AAoA?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Two Accounts- Not Mine

Did you ever open a car loan in 1999 and/or 2010? If so, could GM have acquired those loans anytime after they were paid off? I ask because I recently saw GM FInancial appear on my reports. They acquired my lender early this year about 4 years after I finished paying off my loan. My heart fluttered when I saw that, but I realized my Americredit account had just been renamed.

Per AAoA and history, you have one account that's 13 years old and another one at 2 years old. If your AAoA is over 13 years, or you have installment accounts older than 13 years, then neither are helping your history. I'm curious about the second. They are saying there was a loan for only a year. And the closure date on the first seems wrong...a 11-year auto term? One or both could be misreporting, though the first in your favor.

I'd be concerned about ID theft. Even if I lost points, I'd ask GM about it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what it is, Americredit. Thank you for your help! 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I just financed with Americredit. They immediately sent us a letter saying they were purchased by GM and now called GM Financial. This just happened in the last couple months and the name change just became official a couple weeks ago.

How was your experience with them anyway? I have read bad things online, but nobody else would finance us.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.