Did you mean: 

Two Baddies on Credit- Need help. First timer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Baddies on Credit- Need help. First timer

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all- 

First of all, want to Thank all of you for what you do for the community. All the help you provide to each other is just amazing. Very proud to see that! 

So, my situation is this... I have a very thin file (i think) but felt not having credit cards etc was the best way. Below is my credit profile. 

AMEX - 35k limit - paid off every month. I'm a AU w/ my wife. opened in 2004. no lates 

AMEX- 1k limit - no balance - I opened in April 2015. Very new... no lates 

Car- 21k balance opened in 2013. no lates 

Issues:

BOA $500 credit card charge off - because somehow something went thru for $30 dollars and i have no idea. --- shows paid in 2014. i paid directly to boa when i learned about it.... what the best way to get this off my credit. 

Wells Fargo - charge off. paid off in 2010. same error... small amount- no idea i was late. once i found out, i paid it. 

8 hard pull credit inq. when i was shopping for a car and few from mortgage lenders. Smiley Sad

so thats all i have on my credit..... should i open more tradelines? how do i get boa and wf off my credit? should i sign up with lexington law frim? 

Thank you all again for your help. 

What are your current scores?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

635 685 665

Do you think Gap and VS will add me as a joint account holder to my wife's accounts? She's had both doe years.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe I let this happen from a $30 stupid charge that hit the card and I had no clue.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
635 685 665

Do you think Gap and VS will add me as a joint account holder to my wife's accounts? She's had both doe years.

Apply on your own for a Cap One Platinum card and a QS1 card. You should get approved no prob.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try CapOne Plat and QS - also Discover seems to like people with thinner files....don't know if the charge-offs will affect them tho.   Your scores are high enough - I got mine with a 603 - but I didn't have any charge-offs, but did have other baddies out there.

I wouldn't AU on any more of your wife's accounts - at least for now - better to get some history going on your own.

As for the baddies - a GW campaign to see if you can explain and get them to delete is your only chance since they are already paid off.

Best of Luck!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.