Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two CAs for the same account?

tag
amanda1266
Valued Member

Re: Two CAs for the same account?

@Lois5669 wrote:

The reason you were able to get the old CA deleted through dispute is because they apparently didn't respond to eOscar, which sometimes happens because they don't own or have records of the debt anymore and don't care. It wasn't deleted because of it being an error as any CA is allowed to report a debt they tried to collect.

With that said, I do have disputes in with 2 of the CRAs on the older of my 2 CAs..been about a week. We'll see what happens but I won't argue if they validate.

Ok, that makes sense.. So it's definately worth it for others to dispute it because there is a big chance it will be deleted.

Message 11 of 15
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@amanda1266 wrote:

@Lois5669 wrote:

The reason you were able to get the old CA deleted through dispute is because they apparently didn't respond to eOscar, which sometimes happens because they don't own or have records of the debt anymore and don't care. It wasn't deleted because of it being an error as any CA is allowed to report a debt they tried to collect.

With that said, I do have disputes in with 2 of the CRAs on the older of my 2 CAs..been about a week. We'll see what happens but I won't argue if they validate.

Ok, that makes sense.. So it's definately worth it for others to dispute it because there is a big chance it will be deleted.

I think the rule of thumb would be this: this kind of dispute has no merit, so if it is deleted, thats is amazing but if it is not, you will have to be prepared for another course of action. Just the fact two places report it isn't in and of itself a valid reason for dispute.

I am not looking down on it, I actually had an account dispay twice with two different agencies and disputed if before I came here. I have just learned since then that they didn't HAVE to delete it.

Good luck!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not disagreeing with anyone here just proposing my logic from this process... There should be some regulation that when a CA sells the account off to another, the previous CA has to delete it from your report. The CR owner can't control a CA from buying an selling his/her account and therefore shouldn't be negatively impacted by new negative listings popping up for the same delinquent account. Just doesn't make much sense to me to penalize someone for something they can't control.
Message 13 of 15
amanda1266
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with anyone here just proposing my logic from this process... There should be some regulation that when a CA sells the account off to another, the previous CA has to delete it from your report. The CR owner can't control a CA from buying an selling his/her account and therefore shouldn't be negatively impacted by new negative listings popping up for the same delinquent account. Just doesn't make much sense to me to penalize someone for something they can't control.

Completely agree!!!

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know the rule here but I would have to agree with that sentiment. A lender
may manual view a charge off and a accompanying CA as the same account but two CA's
most certainly be thought as two seperate accounts. Not that you wouldn't be able to explain it
but it definately looks like two seperate accounts in fact its almost like stating two seperate accounts.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.