cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two DC's are now after me, first Cach, LLC and now Mandarich Law Firm...

tag
hawnbiz

Two DC's are now after me, first Cach, LLC and now Mandarich Law Firm...

CACH, LLC sent me 2 letters for 2 different acct's with Citi.  Shortly after, Mandarich Law Group is also sending me similar letters but are saying they are collecting on behalf of CACH, LLC. This is something new to me as I never had 2 different firms trying to collect on the same debts. Is this legal? 

Also, CACH, LLC is not registered to do biz in my State and Mandarich seems to kind of be as they listed a local attorney on top of their letter so maybe that's a way around the system for them.  

I will be sending both of them a Notice of Dispute w/Validation and send them all via Cert. Rec. w/Return. Both firms have also contacted me several times via Robo Calls... I am sure they have also pulled my CR's too. Can anyone tell me if I am able to go after them for FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, or all of them.  And, being that they listed 4 other attorneys on each letter, wouldn't the FDCPA violation be $1,000 per listed for a total of $8k?  Please also tell me, aren't the letters supposed to be signed by someone vs. just have the firms name printed?  Any help on this matter would be great as I am ready to mail my letters to them any day now.

~edited to remove name, ~pizzadude, myFICO moderator

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Sunshine222

Re: Two DC's are now after me, first Cach, LLC and now Mandarich Law Firm...

Bad news, I had an old collection with CACH LLC and they did the same thing....it wasn't the law firm you mentioned but one right down the road from me.   I'd be concerned that they might be getting ready to sue you.  I just found out that they actually filed a lawsuit against me 2 years ago but I was never served and I have no idea what happened in court except that it was dismissed.   I ended up settling with them just this week. I have a feeling that they probably didn't have what they needed to make the court case stand up, but I just wanted them to go away rather than take any chances.  I had delayed the whole thing because I really felt my ex should pay instead of me, but the fact is my name was on the account and he was never gonna pay.

from what I heard, if they know you have a steady job and the attorney's office is in your state you have a higher chance of getting sued.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.