Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Disputes, Success!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Disputes, Success!!!

After reading these forums I pulled two out my three credit reports. On TU and EQ I noticed there were two baddies from 2008 and 2009. I disputed them online through both reports and stated the SOL had expired and I was contacting the Attorney General and my lawyer and in two weeks my score has jumped 30 points! National Credit Management and Rose Agency were the two CA.

For the rest of my accounts I plan on sending PFD, and hoping that they will agree. (Midland, Hunter Warfield, Stellar Recovery) I know Midland won't, and may have to send the letter that I saw posted on here regarding Midland violating laws, etc. I am determined to remove all baddies asap. 

For some odd reason Equifax won't let me pull my report online! Said I had to mail in a form to do it...odd

Thanks for everyones help so far!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Disputes, Success!!!

i'm in same boat, trying to clean up, so far im 2 out of 3, disputed 2 acounts by NCO38 and was successful, the other one still working on PFD for Berks collection, they seem to be play hard ball, since i started disputing they have posted same account twice with different numbers. because i called the OC and the said its only one account-$330.

about Equifax, i had to fax them copy of my ID and filled out dispute form.

Message 2 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading these forums I pulled two out my three credit reports. On TU and EQ I noticed there were two baddies from 2008 and 2009. I disputed them online through both reports and stated the SOL had expired and I was contacting the Attorney General and my lawyer and in two weeks my score has jumped 30 points! National Credit Management and Rose Agency were the two CA.

For the rest of my accounts I plan on sending PFD, and hoping that they will agree. (Midland, Hunter Warfield, Stellar Recovery) I know Midland won't, and may have to send the letter that I saw posted on here regarding Midland violating laws, etc. I am determined to remove all baddies asap. 

For some odd reason Equifax won't let me pull my report online! Said I had to mail in a form to do it...odd

What was the basis for the disputes? The SOL (Statute of Limitations) is not the same as the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period). I'm just curious what kind of negatives the disputes were about.

Portions of an OC account under dispute will not be scored by FICO. Among these are the balance, the CL, and the payment history. Other items like AAoA, scoring bucket, credit mix, account age, etc. including CAs and PRs are not removed or impacted by a dispute.

That might explain the score increase. Once the dispute is resolved the score could change again. Only time will tell.

I hope the best for you though!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I said was that the SOL for Michigan had expired and it needs to be removed. And I looked and both said "deleted and resolved. 
I'm not sure if they will continue to investigate or if it will change but I thought that it was worth a shot.

We'll see! 

Message 4 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

All I said was that the SOL for Michigan had expired and it needs to be removed. And I looked and both said "deleted and resolved. 
I'm not sure if they will continue to investigate or if it will change but I thought that it was worth a shot.

We'll see! 

Sounds like you might get lucky on this. I hope so.

A reminder about the difference between SOL and CRTP. The SOL varies from state to state and limits the amount of time a creditor has to sue over unpaid debt depending on what type of debt it is. Some states have the same SOL for everything and others have different time limits for written contracts, open accounts etc.

Knowing the SOL for your state is important because some creditors will count on a consumer not being aware of their rights and will bring a lawsuit anyway hoping the consumer will not show up in court and they will get a default judgement. Yes I know it's shocking that a creditor might do such a thing!  Smiley Wink

The CRTP is federal law FRCA 605 and cannot be (legally) changed by anyone. It details how long various debts can be reported.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The accounts are so old the collection agency probably couldn't verify them . That's probably the reason for deletion . I doubt the SOL comment played any part . Either way all that matters is that you got them off .
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for everyones help!

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You were also lucky that the CRA did not simply dismiss your dispute without forwarding to the debt collector.

It lacked any asserted inaccuracy in reporting that would form the basis for a dispute that could be investigated.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got another confirmation from TU that a third item I disputed was deleted as well:
National Credit Management, who said they sent the debt back to the OC. I complained
that it should no longer be reported then and it was taken care of!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.