cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Year Anniversary of 30 Day Late - Any Bump In Score?

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Two Year Anniversary of 30 Day Late - Any Bump In Score?

I thought I read on the forum somewhere that after the two year anniversary of a 30 day late that your score will increase some.  Is this correct?  If so, how many points have you all seen from this?

Thank you.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Two Year Anniversary of 30 Day Late - Any Bump In Score?

IMO, I don't think you'd see a bump at the two year mark because the damage of the late fades over time rather than all at once at the two years. Most, if not all points, probably have been returned for that one baddie.

If you do measure it, I recommend pulling on the last day of the month and again on the first day of the month. Any change would occur on the first. If there is a bump, note that all of your TLs age by one month on the first and you'd want to look for any crimps in the results as your TLs hit an anniversay, AAoA changes to a new year, etc. Let us know if you see anything.

Message 2 of 3
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Two Year Anniversary of 30 Day Late - Any Bump In Score?

I think this depends greatly on your specific situation. Like previous poster said, all baddies have less of a blow as they age but there is no magic # of years or months. However, there have been forum members, whom had a bunch of baddies (specifically CC lates) in a concentrated timeframe, that saw a bump when that concentration of baddies passed the 2 year mark. It does seem that there is something particular about the 2 year mark but you may only see the affects of that if you have a handful srossing that point at the same time... otherwise, it will just be a gradual increase.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.