cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two charge offs on my credit report, how do I get them removed!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two charge offs on my credit report, how do I get them removed!?

Hello everyone!

To keep a long story short, I have two charged off credit cards showing up on my credit report (Bank of America and Capital One). They were eventually sold to debt collectors and I paid them off. The debt collector entries have since been removed from my credit report, but the Bank of America and Capital One entries still remain. Here's is what the entries look like.

BOA xxxx

Date Opened: 06/19/2007

First Deliquency: 04/01/2009

Last Payment Made: 09/09/2009

Date Closed: 08/01/2009

Date Updated: 11/18/2009

Balance: $0

Capital One xxxx

Date Opened: 10/14/2007

First Deliquency: 03/01/2009

Last Payment Made: 10/19/2010

Date Closed: 11/08/2009

Date Updated: 10/19/2010

Balance: $0

So as you can see, a few years have passed. When I first got these two credit cards I was 18 years old and so oblivious to how credit and credit cards worked and obviously I made a few mistakes. These are the only blemishes on my credit report to this day. I have tried disputing any little discrepancy I could find regarding these accounts with the hope that 30 days would go by and these accounts would eventually be deleted, but no luck. I bank with Bank of America and my auto loan is through Capital One ironically, so I called both companies multiple times to see what I could do but I either get the run around or they refer me back to the collection agencies. In retrospect I know it was a bad idea not to negotiate with the creditors to pay for removal, but again I was young and dumb (cliché) and had no help from anyone. Again, these accounts are already paid and show up on my credit report as PAID IN FULL/CHARGE OFF. I am trying to get approved for a mortgage so I desperately need help! If anyone knows how I can go about having these two accounts removed from my credit report please share. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you all for your time.

P.S. For SOL purposes I live in New Jersey

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Two charge offs on my credit report, how do I get them removed!?

welcome to MF. SOL does not apply in this case as you have paid the debts. A GW letter campaign is what you are going to have to start, 1 letter a month to the exec offices of both these banks. These have not updated since 2009 so they dont look new in the eyes of Fico, thats good, I dont think you would be held back from getting a mortgage even with these on file. Here is the GW thread & good luck : )    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.