cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two collection accounts removed but no change in FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two collection accounts removed but no change in FICO?

On my EQ I had two collection accounts reporting and due to dispute both have been removed - not just marked as CONSUMER DISPUTES like they were yesterday on my EQ report, today they are GONE. My husband paid a 3rd off today and they said they will remove it today but may take 30 days to get to reporting --- but ScoreWatch is showing NOTHING NEW. Should I run a new report today or wait until the system updates?!? After the third one is removed there will be NO MORE collections noted on my TU or EQ - is that when I might really see something jump? Please advise.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two collection accounts removed but no change in FICO?

Additionally, I paid a credit card in full that had a 67% utilization last month and didn't see a jump. Why is there no progress? And is anyone having trouble with CAP ONE updating as timely as usual - it's always on there by the 21st and this month - NOTHING YET; maybe it's the whole "watched pot never boils" law in action?

Message 2 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

On my EQ I had two collection accounts reporting and due to dispute both have been removed - not just marked as CONSUMER DISPUTES like they were yesterday on my EQ report, today they are GONE. My husband paid a 3rd off today and they said they will remove it today but may take 30 days to get to reporting --- but ScoreWatch is showing NOTHING NEW. Should I run a new report today or wait until the system updates?!? After the third one is removed there will be NO MORE collections noted on my TU or EQ - is that when I might really see something jump? Please advise.

Congrats on today's deletion! SW does not alert to dropped accounts, only added ones. However, if your target score is correctly set and if your score moves away from or past that target score as a result of the deletion, then you'll get alerted. Know that your score is monitored every 7 days, though it's possible to get alerted sooner. IMO, I am a score junkie...I like to know now. I personally would pull.

@Anonymous wrote:

Additionally, I paid a credit card in full that had a 67% utilization last month and didn't see a jump. Why is there no progress? And is anyone having trouble with CAP ONE updating as timely as usual - it's always on there by the 21st and this month - NOTHING YET; maybe it's the whole "watched pot never boils" law in action?

When was the last statement date of this CC and was the payment credited before that statement date? CCs only update 1x/mo and it can be a challenge to time payments with reporting. CapOne is slow for me too.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CAP ONE statement posted on the 21st - with the payment showing in the updated balance on the statement from $721 to $400. Both TU and EQ reports show that the balance is zero on the HSBC bank - compared to $182 last month. On my EQ daily monitoring my score went up from 503 to 528 from Saturday to today but I know that's a FAKO...

Message 4 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My CAP ONE statement posted on the 21st - with the payment showing in the updated balance on the statement from $721 to $400. Both TU and EQ reports show that the balance is zero on the HSBC bank - compared to $182 last month. On my EQ daily monitoring my score went up from 503 to 528 from Saturday to today but I know that's a FAKO...

Like with deleted baddies, SW won't alert you to dropped balances (only increases). So, if the decrease in util resulted in a FICO change, then you'll get alerted to that once your new score moves away from or surpasses your target score. I've had balances drop $500-$1000 with no change in FICO because it wasn't enough to move my overall util.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My overall utilization went from 62% to 49%... I thought it might equate to a minor change. I have it set to update with a 1 point increase lol
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you really think the collections accounts are GONE GONE or are they just hiding???

Message 7 of 15
SGTRobocop
Established Member

Patience, wait for the tea pot to whistle and stop watching for the water to boil!

You may see a bucket change as well.

1-2012 EX-504/EQ511/TU505
2-2012 EX551/EQ564/TU565
3-2012 EX-577/EQ573/TU602
4-2012 EX-603/EQ677/TU683
5-2012- EX-748/EQ683/TU758
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's hard to wait!!! I am not a huge fan of delayed gratification. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So are the collections really gone or will they return to haunt me??? Just wondering.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.