Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two collection agencies and two promises to delete if paid

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Two collection agencies and two promises to delete if paid

I pulled up my report yesterday and I have two small bills that are reporting with agencies. I wasn't aware of them! So, after freaking out that they'll be on there for 7 years, I decided to call up the agencies. I was surprised to speak with two friendly agents from separate companies that both agreed to remove once I paid. One offered to remove once I started payments! I'm not sure I should believe them, but I did manage to record one of the conversations. Maybe because they are both small bills? $350 and $125. Advice? Should I pay and hope they follow through?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Re: Two collection agencies and two promises to delete if paid

I had one that said she would have the items removed.  I asked her how that worked and she said she would draft a letter on each account and send it to the CRA.  I was like Awesome !  Can you send me a copy ?,   and she did.   The stuff was off my EQ this morning !  two days.   On the other hand i have one medical collection agency i called and the woman was almost verbally abusive lol   So I am going to send them GW letter's until they are sick of seeing them.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A verbal agreement is just as binding, just harder to prove.  Get a name or ID number if you can.

Message 3 of 4
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Great, thanks guys! I managed to tape one of the conversations. I'll try to record them today too. I plan to make a payment today to start the process of getting these off my credit report!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.