cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two collections deleted after PFD letter!!

tag
cassett
Contributor

Two collections deleted after PFD letter!!

So i sent two PFD letters to my smallest CAs last week. I went and checked today and BOTH of them have been delted from Equifax report. Looks like one of them deleted from Transunion as well. Oddly on myfico 3credit bureau it alerted that one of the collections where ADDED to Experian but then gave me a 9 point boost on the score?! Whats that all about? Is Myfico 3CB kind of buggy? I have yet to see an updated score on transunion or equifax. On equifax.com it gave me a 9 point boost. I thought i would get more but oh well.

Should i expect these to stay deleted?  why did they delete when i was offering to pay?

I only have 2 more collections on my equifax report and they are both medical. One of them is for 1k though, the toughest one yet. THink they will settle for less in a PFD?

IM STOKED!! THANKS everyone for all of your advice. Hopefully getting a new car in March!

Starting Score: EQ 8/14 545
Current Score: EQ 640
Goal Score:650 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Two collections deleted after PFD letter!!

@cassett wrote:

So i sent two PFD letters to my smallest CAs last week. I went and checked today and BOTH of them have been delted from Equifax report. Looks like one of them deleted from Transunion as well. Oddly on myfico 3credit bureau it alerted that one of the collections where ADDED to Experian but then gave me a 9 point boost on the score?! Whats that all about? CAs never give a boost in Fico had to be something else updated and overcame the addtion of the CA.  Is Myfico 3CB kind of buggy? I have yet to see an updated score on transunion or equifax. On equifax.com it gave me a 9 point boost. I thought i would get more but oh well.

Should i expect these to stay deleted?  why did they delete when i was offering to pay? They could be gone prior to you actually paying them or they could be gone if they dont have the collection authority anymore.

I only have 2 more collections on my equifax report and they are both medical. One of them is for 1k though, the toughest one yet. THink they will settle for less in a PFD? I doubt they will do a PFD for less unless its past states SOL, if it is you could try, if the PFD fails use the HIPAA Process you can Google it.

IM STOKED!! THANKS everyone for all of your advice. Hopefully getting a new car in March! Hope they stay off, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
cassett
Contributor

Hey thanks.. thing is.. I think the experian update saying there was a CA added was an error. This same one was deleted on TU and EQ. I have yet to pull EX this month but im assuming it was pulled from there too. Since it was already on there last month. So what i think happened was myfico alerts are screwed up for me.

Are you saying that i shouldnt get a boost from any of these deletions? Myfico 3CB score hasnt updated for EQ and TU yet. But on EQ.com it showed a 9 point boost.

Should i call cust service and see if they can update my scores? because they didnt detect these deletions at all. In fact got an email this morning saying my reports where all clear this week.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@cassett wrote:

Hey thanks.. thing is.. I think the experian update saying there was a CA added was an error. This same one was deleted on TU and EQ. I have yet to pull EX this month but im assuming it was pulled from there too. Since it was already on there last month. So what i think happened was myfico alerts are screwed up for me.

Are you saying that i shouldnt get a boost from any of these deletions? Myfico 3CB score hasnt updated for EQ and TU yet. But on EQ.com it showed a 9 point boost.

Should i call cust service and see if they can update my scores? because they didnt detect these deletions at all. In fact got an email this morning saying my reports where all clear this week.

Possible the addtition was an error happens quite a lot with 3rd party pullers. If these were your last derogs as your comments above indicate then you may or may not see a boost in Fico, you would be rebucketed into a different bucket when you last derog leaves your CRs. I dont use scorewatch so I cant tell you if a call will update I can give you the list of what triggers updates 

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/kw/3-bureau%20monitoring/session/L3RpbWUvMTQx...

Message 4 of 5
cassett
Contributor

cool thanks. I will probably call them tomorrow and see what they can do.

I just realized another CA has been deleted as well. One that i disputed because of a roomate that put utilities in my name after i moved out. Thats a total of 3 CAs deleted this week. 

Happy day!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.