Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions regarding CA and CR.

tag
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Two questions regarding CA and CR.

When you pay the entire debt that is owed to the CA, how is it suppose to show on your report? My current updated CA on my report shows, a balance of $0 dollars. The "status" shows. "collection."  Basically I'd paid the entire balance. But when it was reported to my Fico, it shows that the balance is paid, but it still shows, 120 days or more past due. So it looks like, I'm going to have to call Equifax this coming Monday so that they can correct the error on my Fico report. The Transunion report on here shows, the above in bold.^

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mripguru
New Contributor

Re: Two questions regarding CA and CR.

@legacys7 wrote:

When you pay the entire debt that is owed to the CA, how is it suppose to show on your report? My current updated CA on my report shows, a balance of $0 dollars. The "status" shows. "collection."  Basically I'd paid the entire balance. But when it was reported to my Fico, it shows that the balance is paid, but it still shows, 120 days or more past due. So it looks like, I'm going to have to call Equifax this coming Monday so that they can correct the error on my Fico report. The Transunion report on here shows, the above in bold.^

I believe that is actually correct - in point of fact, you paid the balance 120+ days after it was due? So - that would still be correct - even though it was still paid in the end.

Message 2 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Don't rely on what myFICO reports say.  I would get a report directly from the CRA to make sure.  Your report from myFICO is pulled directly from EQ, it is the way it is formatted here.

A paid collection should say paid collection as current status.  Current status should not say 120 days past due, that should be worst delinquency.

Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@mripguru wrote:

@legacys7 wrote:

I believe that is actually correct - in point of fact, you paid the balance 120+ days after it was due? So - that would still be correct - even though it was still paid in the end.

You cannot be late with a CA.  A CA account can show the current delinquency of the OC account but once paid it should show as the worst delinquency and current status should be paid collection. 

Message 4 of 11
legacys7
Regular Contributor

"Don't rely on what myFICO reports say.  I would get a report directly from the CRA to make sure.  Your report from myFICO is pulled directly from EQ, it is the way it is formatted here.

A paid collection should say paid collection as current status.  Current status should not say 120 days past due, that should be worst delinquency."

Yes, that I know. That was the purpose of pulling my report directly from them Equifax yesterday. As a matter of fact, it's why I'd called myFico because of the error on Fico's website. The person that I'd spoken to at the Fico office, suggested that I do this, because she noticed that the 120 days is wrong too. 

So basically, collection status shouldn't say, "collection." But "paid collection"?  Someone down at Equifax sent it incorrect. Like I'd pointed out, on the Equifax report that I'd pulled directly from them, it shows, " 0 balance and status shows, "collection." 

Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It isn't an error in the general sense.  It is the way that the reports are formatted when myFICO gets them from EQ.  It is a 3rd party report and happens with all of them.

Nobody can send it incorrectly.  The exact same information that is on your EQ is sent to myFICO but when it is put into myFICOs format, things get out of whack.

Is your score the same from myFICO and EQ?

Message 6 of 11
legacys7
Regular Contributor

"It isn't an error in the general sense.  It is the way that the reports are formatted when myFICO gets them from EQ.  It is a 3rd party report and happens with all of them.

Nobody can send it incorrectly.  The exact same information that is on your EQ is sent to myFICO but when it is put into myFICOs format, things get out of whack.

Is your score the same from myFICO and EQ?"

Well according to myFico, it is. During my conversation with them yesterday, they pointed out that it's incorrect and suggested that I'd called EQ regarding the issue, even though it shows correct on my EQ report.

Regarding my score. My score had (Fico) gone up before the alert from this CA. But my score hasn't changed after it shows that it's been paid off. My score coming directly from EQ is like night and day compared to myFico. I don't know if the score has changed. It's my first time getting my score from them. I'll have to check the last score status before this CA update. 

Message 7 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Oh.... If you did not get the FICO score from EQ that is probably what is going on.  They do have a FICO but it is hard to find and if it doesn't specifically say FICO it isn't, it is EQ own score.

I hate to say it but most CSRs have no idea what they are talking about.  There is nothing you can do because it is showing correctly on your direct from EQ report.  As I said, it is the way myFICO formats the reports.  That is why when someone sees something that shouldn't be, you always look at the report directly from the CRA.  If it is correct on that one, then it is correct.  The way it is showing on your myFICO report will have no impact on your score.

Message 8 of 11
legacys7
Regular Contributor

You're misunderstanding my response to your question regarding the scores. I did get both, myFico score and EQ gave me their version of their score when I'd pulled my report directly from them. As a matter of fact, I was able to get all three Credit bureau scores and reports through Equifax. In a nutshell, the score that EQ gave me is lower than the EQ score that myFico shows. I hope that this makes sense?

Regarding the error that is on the myFico account that MyFico sees too, I'm going to call them again to clear this up. This may BE, effecting my score, due to it still showing past due dates and how myFico does their own math calculations. Plus, when I look at the Transunion report on myFico, it's showing it correct. 

Message 9 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I was just making sure you understood the scores you got from EQ are not FICO scores but FAKO scores.

The point I am trying to make is even if that is showing on your myFICO report it will not impact your EQ score.  Lenders don't use myFICO to get scores or reports.  And the FICO score for EQ from myFICO will be the same as EQ FICO score lenders do use.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.