Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two specific collections account questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two specific collections account questions

I have three total collections accounts, two of which are with the same company - about $1000 (combined) with AR Resources and the other is about $50 with Receivable Management Group. These were medical bills that went to collections during financial hardship 2 years ago.

I sent pay-for-delete letters to both companies multiple times. I got an acceptance letter from AR after my fourth letter. About a month after I sent my second letter to RMG, the account was deleted from my credit history (all 3 bureaus), even though I haven't paid it. I never got a letter back from them.

So my first question is, what happened with the RMG account of $50? Did they delete it from my credit history due to clerical error, or are they filing some kind of legal action? I don't have a problem paying it off, so should I send another letter offering to pay it even though it was already deleted?

Second question: I got a letter back from AR Resources accepting my request. They did not give me a time frame in which to send them funds for our agreement, and I may need to wait up to two months to pay them back. At the time I sent the first letter, I had the funds - but nearly 7 months have passed, and I'm in a different financial situation. Is there a law or unspoken rule about an appropriate time frame in which to send funds?

Thank you so much in advance for any advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Two specific collections account questions

If the first one is gone, I'd wait it out to.see if it reappears maybe?.On the letter acceptance one, there was no.date to pay by? If you can pay it and there is no date on the letter, I'd say still pay it and remind them of the letter they sent.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Two specific collections account questions

A pay for not reporting offer would cover the possible reinsertion of the first.

As for the other, if no time peirod is specified, then a reasonbleness interpretation would likely apply.

A few months is likely reasonable.   Beyond that, as you have seen, circumstances can reasonably change.

I certainly would not, for example, wait a year and then assert any prior offer is still binding.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.