Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two stubborn CA's left... Please help

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Two stubborn CA's left... Please help

I cannot get these last two off my credit report.  AFNI and Midland Credit Management.

I have done the following:

• 2 Dv's  - ignored
  • Letters to the CB's   - will not delete unless disputed which i have done several times
  • Complaints to the BBB - ignored
  • Complaines to the FTC - ignored

Anything left I can possibly do?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Two stubborn CA's left... Please help

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the return receipts? If so, I would call them and ask for validation to be mailed to you. Keep the conversation short and sweet; get it done, and get off the phone. I'm curious, what is the DOFD and in what state are you?
Message 3 of 14
glamchick
Established Contributor

DOFD is 2003 and I live in Maryland.   Should I send more DV's?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had success making a complaint to the BBB on AFNI and had an old account deleted , they never answered my letter for validation either, this was even after I sent PFD letters and those also went unanswered  then they up and delete after I filed with the BBB.

I have one more account with them also and I'm waiting for their answer to my second complaint to the BBB , they have until the 30th so I'll update if and when they respond.

Be patient it took about 5 months to get that first one deleted, and I was willing to pay just to get rid of them even though the OC couldn't find the account so that the basis of my complaint with the BBB

Good Luck
Message 5 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

guiness56 wrote:
Are they legitimate debts.

Great question! I would like to know too.
Message 6 of 14
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thank you Ralph for the encouragement!!!  I will keep trying Smiley Happy  Please keep us posted.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 7 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Fused and I are not trying to be less than helpful. But in order to give you valid responses, it needs to be known if they are in fact valid/accurate debts. Valid debts and invalid debts are treated differently. One being, you can not dispute an accurate account.
Message 8 of 14
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Could you post or PM me the letter you sent to the BBB?

I have a similar problem with Midland, but mine's a paid collection... so it's going to be difficult to get it removed...
Message 9 of 14
glamchick
Established Contributor

I dont think you would consider this a valid debt... I did have the service but they over charged me and I refused to pay.  So they turned me over to a collection agency.

Is this considered a valid debt then?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.