Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two year post rebuild update!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two year post rebuild update!

Thanks to these forms I have now reached my two years of starting my rebuild. As of this morning I have a fico score 8 on TU 715, Ex 723, and Eq 698. My journey started off with scores under 550 and over 10 negative items on my credit report and a car loan with 18.99 APR.

Today I have only three negative items left- two Capital One charge offs and a 90 day late from Capital One. Hopefully my good will Leter this morning pays off. I was able to successfully have Credit One, Citi, First Bank Fincally, HSBC and Chase mortgage mates deleted early.

Thanks to the advise and patients I've learned from this forum I now stand at over 90,000 credit lines with Chase freedom, Chase CSP, Amex, Discover, Bank of America, Barclay and NFCU (military service, there are other ways to join so please look it up in the forums- I have no idea how non-military members can join). With a 6 percent utilization and a car loan refinanced to 3.49 percent.

Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel and there is a lot of great advise on this forum if you choose to listen! Keep your head up and in time you can dig yourself out and move forward! Thanks to everyone on here for the help in the past two years!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two year post rebuild update!

And of course a Capital One card too! They were forgiving and my lowliest limit is 5,000!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great!!! I just have one baddie Im paying off which is Capital One. I want to maybe go back to them but at this point Im done with them. So cap one let you come back to them even with the charge off on your credit?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

YeAh, I had two separate charge offs and a third 90 day late. As soon as I settled them they sent me an invite for the platinum card and in 1.5 years upgraded it to quicksilver and between credit steps and CLI I went from 1000SL to 8500 currently
Message 4 of 7
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Awesome job!  I'm a year and half in and can't believe how far I've come.  Such great advise to be found here and great people with which to interact.

Thanks for the positive reminder that it can be done.  

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much. That is amazing. I dont know if Ill go back to Capital One because of the High APR but that is great! I guess there is hope. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Part of my rebuild all of my "premium" or "prime" cards had given me pretty high rates, 20 +. But the big thing I learned is PIF. Right now I do carry a balance just for scoring purposes, but they are on zero APR cards and make large payments to them. I usually reserve them now for big purchases and make sure to have the cash for the payoff justbincase even if I let the balance roll. Keeping my utilization under 10 percent was the key. So far Cap One hasn't probably seen about 20 bucks in interest payment from me since my rebuild. And that was mostly due to being on vacation and not focusing on the PIF
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.