Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Charge Off

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: U.S. Bank Charge Off

I'm just a mere mortal. Smiley Sad

Removing US Bank really won't hurt you. It would set your AAoA back by about 6 months, but in the scheme of things, it really doesn't matter.

Why not send a GW to remove the lates and CO reference?

FICO reads the lowest whole number only in its calculations. By your math, your current AAoA is 2 yrs and a removed US Bank would result in a 1 yr AAoA. However, next month it would go back to 2 and there'll be no impact per score as far as AAoA is concerned.

Message 11 of 15
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

I didn't know that was possible to have the lates and CO removed. I tried to ask them if they could reopen the accounts and neglect the negative status, but they said no. I was thinking removing a CO would be better than losing the AAoA. Tricky situation in my eyes!

Is it better to have a CO removed and lose my longest standing TL?

Message 12 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I was hinting at writing a GW to have the charge-off reference remove w/ lates.

Dear Mr. OC,

Blah, Blah, Blah. I am writing to day to ask for some goodwill in removing this "charged-off" reference along with the lates listed on the credit report. Blah. Blah.

Respectfully yours, you.

Worth a shot. Worse that could happen is that they delete, which was the alternative anyway.

Message 13 of 15
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Good point. Thanks for the feedback!
Message 14 of 15
nicktheman
Regular Contributor

If it was me I would try a GW letter asking for them to change it to a positive status. 
7/23/2009 eq 650 tu 676
7/13/2009 EQ 642 TU 658
6/15/2009 EQ 631 TU 629 EX 623 (Lender Pulled)
2/8/2009 EQ 609 TU 589
10/7/2007 EQ 498 TU 507
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.