Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCB GW Success..

tag
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

UCB GW Success..

Had 2 accounts with UCB.  Paid in full.   Sent probably 2 GW letters in the last couple months..  Well this last letter I addressed to the CEO and actually didn't think any more of it until today I'm going thru my reports and they are both gone.

So.. there ya have it.   Thank you UCB and thanks forum for the influx of great advice!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UCB GW Success..

I'm looking to have the same luck with them. Please PM the info you used. It sems like my letters have been sent to the black hole. thxs

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I received a call today stating hey have agreed to delete the accounts from mine and my husbands! wooo hoooooo!!!!!

Message 3 of 10
jackig64
New Contributor

Hi can you send me the info that you used for UCB as well.  I have a Paid collection with them that I would love to get off of my report.  Thanks Jackie

Message 4 of 10
admise78
Established Member

I pay UCB  over the phone with my debit card for a new collection i have with them.  They delete it as promise!!!!

Message 5 of 10
koky
Frequent Contributor

Congrats
Message 6 of 10
admise78
Established Member

I had a collection account with UCB reported in 2011!!!  I called and ask for PFD and they refused to put in writing until after I paid.  I was very reluctant.  I spoke to a manager who promised that it will be removed once paid.  I was desperate and I paid over the phone with my debit card.  I paid on 02/28/2013.  It was removed from all Three credit bureaus by 03/7/13!!!!!!!!  My score jumps jumps from 623 to 649 Equifax.....621 to 641 transunion!!! 

Message 7 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 10
jlcoppag
Established Member

Hi CaliSunshine,

I know that it has been a while since this post. However, I have a paid collection with UCB now and I was wondering if you could PM me the info you used to get them to delete the account off your credit report.

If anyone else has the information it would be greatly appreciated as well. I am trying to repair and maintain my credit.

Thanks in advance,

jlcoppag!

Message 9 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@jlcoppag wrote:

Hi CaliSunshine,

I know that it has been a while since this post. However, I have a paid collection with UCB now and I was wondering if you could PM me the info you used to get them to delete the account off your credit report.

If anyone else has the information it would be greatly appreciated as well. I am trying to repair and maintain my credit.

Thanks in advance,

jlcoppag!

Cali has not logged into the forum in over 1 year. I will say; I had GW success with them by just sending a standard GW letter to the address on file for them

Have you tried that?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.