Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGGGH Midland Funding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UGGGH Midland Funding

So I'm not sure what to do or in my case if there is anything i can do, need some advice please.  The other day I rcvd a letter in the mail from an attorney in my state saying I owed Midland Funding an amount of $3,600.00.  I wrote a letter to the Attorney and faxed stating I needed validation of the amount owing, documentation showing that i had signed something stating I was responsible for the amountt and proof that Statue of Limitation wasn't up as this is from 2005 according to the letter I rcvd.  The response I got back from the Atty was a copy of a judgement that was served to me on 01/2007.  I have no recolection of ever being served this, I called the Atty and asked if  I could get more proof that this was mine as in the past I have been stuck with another Michelle Cole's bill that I had to have removed from my credit report. Atty stated that since there is judgement that this should be enough showing the bill is mine and that there is no statue of limitations once judgement has been made???? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

Re: UGGGH Midland Funding

Same thing happened to me with Midlandin May. I got a wage garnishment letter out of the blue from the local court, with a copy of a judgement Midland and their attorney received in August of 2009.

Like you, I do not recall receiving any sort of communication from them and would have jumped on it if I had. I contacted Midland and paid the amount in an attempt to stop the garnishment, but they still garnished one paychec in the end, which I've never gotten back.

I asked an attorney about these collection practices. While he said it Midland was a JDB low life bottom feeder, the judgement had no SOL and no one knew why it took them so long to proceed with the garnishment. The judgement has never appeared on my CRs and Midland will no longer respond to my requests for a goodwill deletion.

To this day, they will only tell me it was for a Tribute Mastercard - which I have never had.

Good luck.

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.