Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH

tag
pnkgirl25
Valued Member

UGH

Turned down for a Capital One Secured card? **bleep**... I used to have a CP! secured card a few years ago. I closed that card after I was approved for an Orchard and HSBC  card that was non-secured....yeah stupid I know. Anyways, When CP1 merged with Orchard my orchard card was closed for some reason then same thing with HSBC. Never missed a payment, always paid balance off in full each month...etc. So Now I'm left with nothing and I was just denied a secured card with Capital One. I called the backdoor number for CAP1 and was told that since my old secured card account was closed at MY REQUEST they are unable to reopen it. They said I would have to reapply. So I did just that...denied... F'ing wonderful.

What gives

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
pnkgirl25
Valued Member

Re: UGH

Here is my work up

I am paying the Macys account off next week.

I have written GW letters to all of the 120+ late Student Loan accounts. (Basically they were accidently left out of a consolidation...)

Sent GW to Toyota asking them to remover 3 (30 day) lates

Paid RJM (CA) for Union Bank last week. Sent Union Bank GW email asking for removal...got email back saying they would investagate and get back to me..that was Monday.

I have 12 inq. (just purchased a car so I was looking for financing).

Any other advice.

Message 2 of 16
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Try a credit union secured card after u get utiliztion reporting if no go with credit union last effort first premier you have to give 95 for 300 in CL and its like 75 fee but if u only buy a small item each month and PIF then it will do the job after 7 months reporting good credit go for another secured card or unsecured depending on yopur score they suck FP but if used properly they will get the rebuilding done Then at 13 months b4 new annual fees hit close it

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 16
pnkgirl25
Valued Member

I think I had a charge of with first premiere 15 years ago that I never paid Smiley Sad how can I confirm that
Message 4 of 16
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I think it might be safe if it was that long ago but try credit union first FP last

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 16
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Never go FP. As Annielorie suggested, try the CU route. If not, BofA or US Bank offer secured cards as well. Really, FP has a greater chance of effing your credit up, than it could ever help your credit.. Not worth the risk..
Message 6 of 16
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

Applied bank is the secured card I got. I pay my bills online. Customer service is decent too. I heard they were terrible in the past but honestly seem pretty good to me after 11 months of use. Fees are high though. Instant approval they don't pull hard or soft.
On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 16
pnkgirl25
Valued Member

I'll try them. Thanks
Message 8 of 16
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

4: Credit Inquiries
Here you will find the business names of those who have obtained a copy of your credit report, including lenders, landlords and employers. Remember, inquiries remain on your report for up to 2 years.

Sort By

CAP ONE

Business Name CAP ONE
Inquiry Date 9/13/2012
Business Type Bank Credit Cards
No Phone Provided

Mailing AddressSmiley TongueO BOX 30281SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84130

CBCINNOVIS

Business Name CBCINNOVIS
Inquiry Date 8/28/2012
Business Type Mortgage Reporters
877-237-8317

Mailing AddressSmiley TongueO BOX 1667PITTSBURGH, PA 15230

CAP ONE

Business Name CAP ONE
Inquiry Date 1/21/2012
Business Type Bank Credit Cards
No Phone Provided

Mailing AddressSmiley TongueO BOX 30281SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84130

WEBBANK/DFS

Business Name WEBBANK/DFS
Inquiry Date 8/9/2011
Business Type All Banks - non specific
512-723-4755

Mailing Address:1 DELL WAYROUND ROCK, TX 78682

APPLIED BANKCurrent
No Phone Provided

Mailing Address:601 DELAWARE AVEWILMINGTON, DE 19801

Account Name APPLIED BANK
Account #
Account Type Credit Card
Balance $165.00
Date Opened 2/1/2012
Account Status Open
Mo. Payment $35.00
Close Account Details
Past Due
Payment Status Current
High Balance $221.00
Limit $200.00
Terms Revolving
Comments
24-Month Payment History

2010 2011 2012
DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV
OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK

On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 16
KevinBlock55
Established Member

I too liked Applied. I opted for the 0% interest card. It charges a monthly fee of $10 so I didnt use the card. I just paid the $10 every month. Really no complaints. I dont know why people are so unhappy with them
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.