Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNV FIDLTY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UNV FIDLTY

Hello Everyone,

Over the weekend, I got a credit alert from TU stating that an account has gone into collections. After pulling my new report, I found an account from UNV FIDLTY out of Houston Texas in the amount of $116 with the original creditor being 01 CAPITAL MV DIRECT BRANDS. I have no idea what this is, or who this is, and therefore immediately disputed. I never received a dunning letter, which I thought was a violation of FCRA. Is that correct? Does anyone have any information on this CA or who Capital MV Direct Brands could be? The thing that kills me the most is that I just got rid of all past collections and suddenly, this one pops up. I know it's just a FAKO, but it dropped my TU score from 702 to 694. Not huge, but it happened a day after my score went from 694-702.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: UNV FIDLTY

They did the same thing to my DH on Sunday. No dunning notice.  It is for 58.00. He had a collect from back in 12/07 hit and I disputed it as the merchandise was never received and it was removed off the report. Apparently Columbia House decided to resell the debt.  I kept the letter from the previous collection agency where they said they will agree to remove because Columbia House never shipped the items out to us. Still is a PITA though to go thru this again.

First thing to hit either of our reports in almost 4 years!

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 2 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You may still receive the dunning notice.  You are supposed to receive it within 5 days of contact from a CA.   Posting to the CRA is considered a form of contact.  The DV will definitely be timely then.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 8
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I just find it funny it was reported on 9/1 knowing the first business day would not be 9/4. They have a dispute email that you can send your disputes to'  and since I checked the report early in the day I hopped over to the post office  and sent them the DV certified.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You do have 30 days to send the DV for it to be timely.  And yes, it does seem that they time things to their advantage.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an email from TransUnion today that my investigation was complete. Logged in and the account was deleted Smiley Very Happy

Now, ALL of my collections are resolved!! Only three accounts remain on TU, one will be falling off shortly, another reporting a 0 balance, and a FP reporting C/O settled less than full balance. That one will be falling off next September. FP is also the only baddie still showing on my EQ and EX reports as well. So happy to be at this point. It wasn't easy, by any means, but it was so worth it. Thank you to these boards and anyone who helped me personally with questions. Without this place, I'd probably still be at square one. Now, time to get that savings built back up and get back to house huntingSmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
bettyco21
New Visitor

I also seen this on my credit report,.. did you fix and it and how>?

Message 7 of 8
krystyna2013
New Visitor

What did you do about this?  Because I had the same thing happen today!  They reported something negative on my report, and I called them.  They were rude, and said I owed Capital MV Direct Brands $153 and that they showed I already paid $770!  That's bull!  I searched them both with the BBB, and they have the same address on file!!  They are scammers, dude!  What happened with yours?  I am P!$$@d!! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.