cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE** ALL 5 DELETED! Lord help me. I'm in the ring with PRA.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lord help me. I'm in the ring with PRA.

Today's update:

Sent another email through the Ombudsman portal. This time I clearly stated my reasons for dispute - lack of collection authority based on PRA having no matching records for these accounts and incorrect reporting of paid in full dates with documentation (thanks RobertEG!) and laid each of three 3 remaining accounts out with the new dispute reasons for each one. It's a holiday weekend so I'm guessing the PRA ombudsman offices are not open again until Tuesday but I will keep you posted!
Message 21 of 33
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I found that it's best to just play nice with PRA providing the account is legit. They are the worst but if you set up payment and forget it...you won't have the headache. And PRA went away mysteriously 4 months ago after PIF.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustinA - these are all PIF. I paid them with the clear statement that I was not admitting liability but as a measure of good faith with a request for validation. They did not validate any of the debts - 2 they investigated and decided to delete as a result. The other 3 they never sent anything. After 60 days I followed up about this with the PRA Ombudsman and they claim to have "no matching records" for those remaining 3 accounts -- even though they are still on my CR. That's what I am trying to dispute. I don't see how they can report something to the CRA's and not have "matching records".
Message 23 of 33
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

PRA? what is the full name?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

PRA = Portfolio Recovery Associates
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **UPDATE** 4/5 DELETIONS! Lord help me. I'm in the ring with PRA.

UPDATE: Got a response for Ombudsman and 4/5 accounts will be deleted. They are still investigating the 5th account. I'm feeling A LOT better right now!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 33
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yay glad you are finally getting somewhere with them.
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! So happy for you! Congrats!
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy WOOHOOOOOO Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **UPDATE** ALL 5 DELETED! Lord help me. I'm in the ring with PRA.

AAAhhhhh!! I checked this morniing and all 5 are gone from EX!. EQ is a day behind so last one still there. TU is a million years behind and last 4 stll there. Not sure how to get them moving. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.