Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE -- DELETED!** Midland, FTC Lawsuit & T-Mobile

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

**UPDATE -- DELETED!** Midland, FTC Lawsuit & T-Mobile

Today was the last day allowed for Midland to respond to my CFPB complaint; here is the outcome:

Company responded 

Midland Credit Management said:
Explanation of closure 
Thank you again for your inquiry through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  As indicated in your complaint, your desired resolution was to have the account removed from your consumer credit files.  We have investigated the claims brought forth in your complaint as outlined in our summary response.  As a result of our investigative measures, your complaint has been "Closed with Non-Monetary Relief."  Please see the attached response for a full description of our investigative results.
Relief 
Ms. ***, Midland Credit acted in a timely manner and has complied with all applicable laws.  However, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit made the business decision to close the account (if previous closed: on DATE).  There will be no further collection activity, credit reporting or sale of this account.  In addition, the three credit-reporting agencies will be notified to delete all reference to the account in question from your consumer credit files.  Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information.

Previous Post: 

In light of the FTC lawsuit against T-Mobile's "cramming" discovery, has anyone successfully disputed their T-Mobile collection accounts with Midland or any other collection agency? The reason why I ask is because I am in the process of a CFPB dispute with Midland regarding this and I also sent a complaint to my state's attorney general's office. My complaint basically says the reported collection amount cannot be certain and therfore needs to be deleted from the CB's.

Is there anyone else in the throws of this? If so, please share EVERYTHING....

Thanks. :smileywink:

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: **UPDATE -- DELETED!** Midland, FTC Lawsuit & T-Mobile

Fantastic, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 59
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Good job!

Congrats!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! My turn!
Message 4 of 59
Youngindebt

I am in a similar boat. I believe that this applies to me. Can you please PM the approach or details you took to fight the dragon called Midland. 

Message 5 of 59
BlessedHappiness
New Contributor

Please PM me as well. Thank you.
Message 6 of 59
BlessedHappiness
New Contributor

Congratulations!
Message 7 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please PM me as well all the information that you are willing to share and congrats!

Message 8 of 59
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! Can you also please PM your steps you took to take on Midland? Thank you!

Message 9 of 59
Gamblz

Any chance you could PM me any info you have as well. Midland/T-mobile is my biggest headache right now.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.