Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* UPDATE* Goodwill Request Approved but still on CR after 60 days :(

tag
JuJuBee84
Regular Contributor

* UPDATE* Goodwill Request Approved but still on CR after 60 days :(

I received my very first GW success letter a while back agreeing to remove the account from my CR. It is currently listed only on EQ. The letter stated to allow 30-60 days for removal. Yesterday was day 60. Where do I go from here? I am desperate to get this removed!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill Request Approved but still on CR after 60 days :(

I'd send another request for deletion along with a copy of the letter they sent you. In other words, nudge them by asking again for a deletion. Probably someone forgot to flip the switch. I'd keep an eye on your reports every 30 days and update them again in about 4 weeks.

Message 2 of 6
JuJuBee84
Regular Contributor

Thanks llecs! I sent this GW via email so I will send another one and attach a copy of their letter.

Message 3 of 6
JuJuBee84
Regular Contributor

llecs, I took your advice and I emailed the same lady who originally sent me the letter stating they would approve my GW. I enclosed a copy of her original letter and thanked her for the courtesy she agreed to extend by removing the tradeline. I stated that it was still being reported and has passed the 60 days, so I am requesting her assistance to help resolve this. She emailed me this afternoon and stated

"I am preparing a response to your concerns and will put a letter out in the mail to you tommorrow."

What in the world? Now I am worried they are going to try and back-pedal so to speak and not honor their agreement. GRRR!

Message 4 of 6
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

If it's Cap One they did the same to me.  Told me yes over the phone then I received a great big wopping NO by mail.

Message 5 of 6
JuJuBee84
Regular Contributor

No, this one is with CompuCredit. Luckily, I have an email as well as a hard copy letter from them agreeing to delete. Just trying to figure out what my next course of action is.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.