Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE! How to handle Enhanced Recovery Company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE! How to handle Enhanced Recovery Company

Hello. I have been lurking the forum since the spring. Thanks to the helpful info I have read on here, I am on my credit rebuilding journey. When I first started my credit scores were between 615-625. As of today my fico scores are Experian:684 Equifax: 671 Transunion:684. In May I obtained a secured card with open sky and disputed two collections and both were removed. I now only have two collections account both with Enhanced Recovery Company that I want to have removed if I can. One is for Att amount $343 and the other T-mobile $138. I am willing to pay both amounts in full. However, I am not  sure whether ERC is still authorized to collect.  ERC is showing a "closed" status for each collection  on both  Experian and Equifax reports with the balances noted above, and on Transunion they report both collections as being "Open"  I use credit check total for monitoring.   According to my full experian report pulled this month the T-mobile collection will fall off in Dec 2016 and the Att collection in May 2018. I have previously read that if a CA reports a collection as closed and it has not been paid they have most likely sold the debt to another company and should delete there collection from reports. I am unsure what to do because of the differences in reporting from ERC.  Should I send a DV letter or dispute directly with the credit bureaus?

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to handle Enhanced Recovery Company

ERC no longer has the ability/rights to report to CRA's so just dispute anyhing ERC and it falls right off now. Did that with all three of my reports. Deleted almost instantly. 

Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

EricNeedsa720. What did that come about?
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had an erc collection removed s couple months ago, why can't they report
Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ERC no longer has the ability/rights to report to CRA's so just dispute anyhing ERC and it falls right off now. Did that with all three of my reports. Deleted almost instantly. 

I 2nd this. Started a dispute on Dec. 23 for ERC on all 3 CAs. EQ and EX deleted within 24 hours. Just waiting for TU. Surprised it happened so quickly and without issue.

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please tell me what exactly you mean by they can't report to CRAs?? Does that mean anything you have with them they should show up on you credit report or anything that has been paid off through them?? Bear with me, I'm a little slow. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 43
Caitt
Regular Contributor

When disputing with them did you do a pfd?
Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had read that before on another site about ERC no longer having collection authority and got their collection deleted.  I figured that person just got lucky. Lol......last night I submitted a dispute to Experian. I will update with the outcome. 

Message 8 of 43
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Does this mean I can get a hard pull from Enhanced Recovery removed from my CRs?

Message 9 of 43
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@AutoBot wrote:

Does this mean I can get a hard pull from Enhanced Recovery removed from my CRs?

According to the collection guidelines, if a CA no longer has authority to collect on a debt, let's say they sold it to another CA, then they should remove it from your CR.  It says should, nothing compels them to do so.  Also the HP is a seperate thing, nothing compels its removal either.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.