cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE - I WON* Stellar Recovery Making My Life Miserable!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE - I WON* Stellar Recovery Making My Life Miserable!

I was doing so well ya'll! I was well on my way to the 700 club. I had just received a nice cli from $500 to $12K with NFCU. I just got approved for my highest CL with Capital One Venture at $15K. Then everything went out of control. First Stellar Recovry hit Experian and dropped my score 20 something points. I did a little research on the boards and decided to send a TX DV letter since I live in Texas. I emailed it to them. I received an auto reply about corresponding through email. I did not comply with what it said as I had no interest in corresponding through email. The letter said to correspond through US Mail. Two days have passed. Today I received another alert that Stellar Recovery has also hit my Equifax report. Help! My scores have dropped so much! I don't mind taking care of the debt. I just want the entry removed. It's an old Time Warner debt. What can I do? What are my chances of success?

*UPDATE*

Today I filed a BBB complaint on the basis of never receiving a dunning notice or phone call prior to it showing up on my credit report. Also, I sent a debt validation letter on 5/9/2015 that I never received a response to. I asked that they delete the trade lines permanently from all three bureaus. Stellar Recovery responded quickly. They noted the day they sent a demand letter and the attempts to contact me by phone. They said they never received my debt validation letter and would order deletion of the trade lines from all credit reporting bureaus. YIPPIE! I WON!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Stellar Recovery Making My Life Miserable!

@Anonymous wrote:

I was doing so well ya'll! I was well on my way to the 700 club. I had just received a nice cli from $500 to $12K with NFCU. I just got approved for my highest CL with Capital One Venture at $15K. Then everything went out of control. First Stellar Recovry hit Experian and dropped my score 20 something points. I did a little research on the boards and decided to send a TX DV letter since I live in Texas. I emailed it to them. I received an auto reply about corresponding through email. I did not comply with what it said as I had no interest in corresponding through email. The letter said to correspond through US Mail. Two days have passed. Today I received another alert that Stellar Recovery has also hit my Equifax report. Help! My scores have dropped so much! I don't mind taking care of the debt. I just want the entry removed. It's an old Time Warner debt. What can I do? What are my chances of success?

If you know what this is and want them gone I would forget the DV that can be viewed as adversarial and move directly to the PFD offer, its most likely going to hit all 3 CRAs. Things of this nature never get done thru email there are no protections afforded one thru this type of communication, all contact should be done thru the US Mail or by phone with you recording the call, they most certainly will be. Another thing you can try is calling TW and ask them to recall the debt in exch for full payment.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you know what this is and want them gone I would forget the DV that can be viewed as adversarial and move directly to the PFD offer, its most likely going to hit all 3 CRAs. Things of this nature never get done thru email there are no protections afforded one thru this type of communication, all contact should be done thru the US Mail or by phone with you recording the call, they most certainly will be. Another thing you can try is calling TW and ask them to recall the debt in exch for full payment.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I've already sent them a certified letter on top of the email. I will see if TW will recall the debt. I'd rather pay them what I owe than the collection agency. Plus if TW takes payment then Stellar can't verify the debt and they should be forced to remove it from my reports. Am I looking at that right?

Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I've already sent them a certified letter on top of the email. I will see if TW will recall the debt. I'd rather pay them what I owe than the collection agency. Plus if TW takes payment then Stellar can't verify the debt and they should be forced to remove it from my reports. Am I looking at that right?

What you have stated here as to Stellar after you pay the OC is a method that is not advocated by My Fico. If the OC recalls the debt prior to payment there is no need for any other actions on your part as the CAs collection authority is canceled prior to the OC being paid and per the internal CRA housekeeping rules a CA that doesnt have any authority to collect must remove their entry.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What you have stated here as to Stellar after you pay the OC is a method that is not advocated by My Fico. If the OC recalls the debt prior to payment there is no need for any other actions on your part as the CAs collection authority is canceled prior to the OC being paid and per the internal CRA housekeeping rules a CA that doesnt have any authority to collect must remove their entry.

Ok I understand. I was't going to contact Stellar again if the OC will recall the debt. I can't take back the letter I already sent though. I wish I had tried to have the OC recall the debt first.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE*

I have contacted Time Warner and paid my debt through them directly. I"m not sure if I went about it the correct way. I just dealt with their billing department. At first I did the chat window. The fellow told me the amount of my debt and how to pay it. I then asked him about removing from my credit report. Here is a short transcript.

Steve: You can get this chat transcript by clicking the box right hand side above this page.
kelly: oh ok. one more thing. this is on my credit report under a collection agency. after i make full payment can that be removed?
Steve: Have you got the option for you?
Steve: Yes, it will get removed and you will not get any collection calls for this.
Steve: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
kelly: ok thanks!
kelly: that's all i've got.

Then I called the number he gave me to pay the bill. At the end of the call she said give us 30 days to update the CA. Now I'm worried. Do you all think this will get removed? I've read a lot of success stories getting Stellar Recovery removed.

Message 6 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

*UPDATE*

I have contacted Time Warner and paid my debt through them directly. I"m not sure if I went about it the correct way. I just dealt with their billing department. At first I did the chat window. The fellow told me the amount of my debt and how to pay it. I then asked him about removing from my credit report. Here is a short transcript.

Steve: You can get this chat transcript by clicking the box right hand side above this page.
kelly: oh ok. one more thing. this is on my credit report under a collection agency. after i make full payment can that be removed?
Steve: Have you got the option for you?
Steve: Yes, it will get removed and you will not get any collection calls for this.
Steve: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
kelly: ok thanks!
kelly: that's all i've got.

Then I called the number he gave me to pay the bill. At the end of the call she said give us 30 days to update the CA. Now I'm worried. Do you all think this will get removed? I've read a lot of success stories getting Stellar Recovery removed.

They needed to recall the CA, I hope that is what they are going to do. Keep a copy of this chat around.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. I'm definitely keeping the copy of the chat. I've learned a ton about keeping records of all of this stuff from this awesome forum.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE*

I received an alert today that a new collection was added to my credit profile. I look and it's freaking Stellar Recovery again. They've updated the balance to $122! I have paid what I owe the OC in full. I don't know where they are getting this $122. They  must have tacked on some fees that they want. Is there anything I can do? I'm so pissed. I want this off my report. I'm bummed that so many others have managed to get this removed with TX DV letters. All I'm managing to get his this crap.

Message 9 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

*UPDATE*

I received an alert today that a new collection was added to my credit profile. I look and it's freaking Stellar Recovery again. They've updated the balance to $122! I have paid what I owe the OC in full. I don't know where they are getting this $122. They  must have tacked on some fees that they want. Is there anything I can do? I'm so pissed. I want this off my report. I'm bummed that so many others have managed to get this removed with TX DV letters. All I'm managing to get his this crap.

You have 2 options, first one is to file a BBB complaint against the OC for shoddy business practice and false promise. Your second one is to send the OC an ITS (Intent to Sue) letter with demand for removal of their CA as agreed.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.