Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE** MIDLAND SUCCESS!!!

tag
rose214
New Contributor

Re: **UPDATE** MIDLAND SUCCESS!!!

SLR72689---if that's what I get back from them, then I will prob do the same thing you are ending up doing. Let me know how yours turns out, i will keep you posted on mine.

also--stupid question, but how do you get it to highlight or put what someone else wrote in your reply? i'm new to this forum so am still figuring that stuff out Smiley Happy

thanks

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 31 of 36
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you are on a computer, click reply on the post you want to post.  When the box comes up to type in, there is a quote button in the upper right hand corner.  Click that and the quote will appear.

To highlight, click the capital A next font size and you can use different colors.

Message 32 of 36
rose214
New Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If you are on a computer, click reply on the post you want to post.  When the box comes up to type in, there is a quote button in the upper right hand corner.  Click that and the quote will appear.

To highlight, click the capital A next font size and you can use different colors.

Got it!!! thank you!!!!

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 33 of 36
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@rose214 wrote:

SLR72689---if that's what I get back from them, then I will prob do the same thing you are ending up doing. Let me know how yours turns out, i will keep you posted on mine.

also--stupid question, but how do you get it to highlight or put what someone else wrote in your reply? i'm new to this forum so am still figuring that stuff out Smiley Happy

thanks

Making a payment tomorrow! But not before they fax me a letter staying itll be paid in full even with a settlement.

Message 34 of 36
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Re: Finally a Response from Midland's CEO

@ccb2115 wrote:

UPDATE!!!!

So, I've been periodically checking my email to see if someone was going to write me or call me to discuss the situation. 

I didn't hear anything, but I ran home to pick up some paperwork I left, and saw that I had a letter from MCM in the mail. GREAT! Another rejection letter I thought.

But no.....SUCCESS!!!! 

"Based on the information provided to us, we have instructed the three major credit reporting agencies to delete the above referenced MCM account from your credit file. Please be advised, our credit reporting does not affect any credit reporting of this account by the original creditor"

This was dated 12-30-11, so this was not due to my new 2 emails a day tactic.

On the 28th, a guy declined me on the phone, and yesterday, I recieved a letter with that date confirming this. 

However, I emailed him again after the call on the 28th, and again on the 29th, and then Faxed a few different numbers. I'm not sure what worked, but I guess by the 30th, they decided to delete.

Thank you all for your help!!!! I am so excited!

I know this is a year later to your original post. Would you possibly still have all the contact info? I have 2 accts that fall under the FTC ruling. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 35 of 36
temoney

Re: Finally a Response from Midland's CEO

After reading the BBB complaints, it seems that may be the quickest way to get rid of Midland. Once you pay them, it is nearly impossible to get them to remove the tradeline.

You don't have to worry about having done the DV within the 30 day period. Simply state you noticed the debt on your credit report and they have not verified the debt. Or, if you have sent a DV letter and not received a response, state that as well. It can only go one of two ways: Midland has verification, then must provide it to you as part of the complaint or remove/suspend reporting information until verification is obtained.

http://www.bbb.org/san-diego/business-reviews/financial-services/midland-credit-management-inc-in-sa...

Hope this helps!

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.