Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***UPDATE!!!*** PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

***UPDATE!!!*** PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

Hi all, I am getting ready to send a PFD for multiple collections at one CA. these are rather small amounts (almost $300 in total) and just wanted some help with proof reading. I've searched for any other similar PFD's or situations but wasn't able to find anything so if anyone has sent something similiar, your advice would great. please share any thoughts or critique, thank you! 

Ref: Account #

XXXX0000-$101.00

XXXX1111-$60.00

XXXX2222-$120.00

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is in response to several TransUnion credit report entries listed as being opened in April and May 2015. As I have never received written correspondence of the above mentioned debt, I do not have the complete account number. I wish to save us both time and money by settling the above mentioned debts. 

Please be aware this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification. I am trying to rebuild my credit and would like to offer a settlement.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to each credit bureau as you deem necessary. Furthermore you have the ability to change the listing including the removal of information reporting to these agencies.

I am willing to pay off each the accounts in full - totaling the amount of $281.00 . As I work to restore my financial future I ask for your company's for compassion and removal of this account from all credit reporting agencies upon receipt of payment.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Professional Credit Services. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Sincerely,

My Name

26 REPLIES 26
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Proof read please! PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

You might want to remove the part about receiving verification or they might treat the letter as a DV.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The part about me not receiving verification? 

Message 3 of 27
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Yeah, just that part of the sentence.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha, so my revised version looks like this. 

This letter is in response to several TransUnion credit report entries listed as being opened in April and May 2015. As I have never received written correspondence of the above mentioned debt, I do not have the complete account number. I wish to save us both time and money by settling the above mentioned debts. 

Please be aware this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification. I am trying to rebuild my credit and would like to offer a settlement.

Message 5 of 27
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Looks good. I swear collection agencies are trained to misread letters. Either that or they are easily confused.
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Looks good. I swear collection agencies are trained to misread letters. Either that or they are easily confused.

It's not that. It's to protect themselves legally. Various words can be used against them if they do not treat the matter accordingly. 

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Added this bit on to the end, thoughts? 

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Professional Credit Services. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state. Upon my receipt of this letter certified funds for the full amount of $281.00 will be mailed to Professional Credit Services, if you agree to the terms. In exchange for doing so, Professional Credit Services will delete all references regarding this account from my credit files, and this debt shall be satisfied. 

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Added this bit on to the end, thoughts? 

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Professional Credit Services. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state. Upon my receipt of this letter certified funds for the full amount of $281.00 will be mailed to Professional Credit Services, if you agree to the terms. In exchange for doing so, Professional Credit Services will delete all references regarding this account from my credit files, and this debt shall be satisfied. 

You know Pay-For-Deletes are illegal, right? If you throw this at them they might be more inclined to say no, thinking you are savvy enough to sue them afterward for breaking the CROA.

I would just simply ask for agreement in writing via email, letter, or fax, and leave out the legal jargon.

Message 9 of 27
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Are you sure they are not reported or could reported paid as settlement but staying on the other two bureaus?

Just to be sure, use the search bar for the forums under each category and find out about your collection agency. I had 3 under $100 collections with one agency reporting on two accounts. I saw where others had good response for PFD, so I garnered up the guts to call them, I did not dispute, and said I wish to have it taken care of and removed. They accepted (with interest) and sent me a company letterhead with each account and will be removed from all bureaus, and when.

Not saying this will be for you, as I have 1 left for $34 that seem to be a nightmare CA via the BBB complaints to work with, ie charging attorney fees, court costs, when they are strictly only a collection agency and no suits had been filed on these people. Charging excessive amounts like $700 for a $100 collection. That one I will tackle last.

Good luck!  

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.