Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***UPDATE!!!*** PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Proof read please! PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, I am getting ready to send a PFD for multiple collections at one CA. these are rather small amounts (almost $300 in total) and just wanted some help with proof reading. I've searched for any other similar PFD's or situations but wasn't able to find anything so if anyone has sent something similiar, your advice would great. please share any thoughts or critique, thank you! 

Ref: Account #

XXXX0000-$101.00

XXXX1111-$60.00

XXXX2222-$120.00

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is in response to several TransUnion credit report entries listed as being opened in April and May 2015. As I have never received written correspondence of the above mentioned debt, I do not have the complete account number. I wish to save us both time and money by settling the above mentioned debts. 

Please be aware this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification. I am trying to rebuild my credit and would like to offer a settlement.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to each credit bureau as you deem necessary. Furthermore you have the ability to change the listing including the removal of information reporting to these agencies.

I am willing to pay off each the accounts in full - totaling the amount of $281.00 . As I work to restore my financial future I ask for your company's for compassion and removal of this account from all credit reporting agencies upon receipt of payment.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Professional Credit Services. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Sincerely,

My Name

Very highly unlikely they will agree to a PFD in writing. Cut to the chase and call them. If they give you a verbal yes, do it.

If they give you a verbal NO, and you know and admit to yourself the debt is yours and you created it, PAY THEM.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

***UPDATE!!!!!*** PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

Thanks to those who have helped with those. As a quick update, I just received a letter from the CA agreeing to the PFD terms. After the dust settles, only 1 more baddie to tackle! 

Message 12 of 27
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Re: ***UPDATE!!!!!*** PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to those who have helped with those. As a quick update, I just received a letter from the CA agreeing to the PFD terms. After the duest settles, only 1 more baddie to tackl

Awesome. You've given me hope for a settlement for a $1700 collections account on my wife's credit (JC Penny)

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ***UPDATE!!!!!*** PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

You hear and see it on these forums time and time again, but never assume untill you've asked. Best of luck to you! Maybe make a thread about it and keep us updated?

Message 14 of 27
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: ***UPDATE!!!*** PFD letter for multiple collections at CA

Congrats on your successful PFD's!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exciting news! Way to go!

Message 16 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Added this bit on to the end, thoughts? 

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Professional Credit Services. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state. Upon my receipt of this letter certified funds for the full amount of $281.00 will be mailed to Professional Credit Services, if you agree to the terms. In exchange for doing so, Professional Credit Services will delete all references regarding this account from my credit files, and this debt shall be satisfied. 

You know Pay-For-Deletes are illegal, right? If you throw this at them they might be more inclined to say no, thinking you are savvy enough to sue them afterward for breaking the CROA.

I would just simply ask for agreement in writing via email, letter, or fax, and leave out the legal jargon.

PFDs are not in any way illegal. The CRAs dont like them as they want paid derogs to remain on file per their operational handbook and this is the reason they dont want anyone granting such.

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification, that's what I figured. As a new member here, I'm not sure why others go out of their way to be negative towards us newbies just getting getting started on the rebuild process. I appreciate all of you who send good vibes though!
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Added this bit on to the end, thoughts? 

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Professional Credit Services. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state. Upon my receipt of this letter certified funds for the full amount of $281.00 will be mailed to Professional Credit Services, if you agree to the terms. In exchange for doing so, Professional Credit Services will delete all references regarding this account from my credit files, and this debt shall be satisfied. 

You know Pay-For-Deletes are illegal, right? If you throw this at them they might be more inclined to say no, thinking you are savvy enough to sue them afterward for breaking the CROA.

I would just simply ask for agreement in writing via email, letter, or fax, and leave out the legal jargon.

PFDs are not in any way illegal. The CRAs dont like them as they want paid derogs to remain on file per their operational handbook and this is the reason they dont want anyone granting such.

They absolutely are illegal. There is precendence in lawsuits favoring plaintiffs that categorizes the CA as a Credit Repair Organization by agreeing to delete derogatory information from the credit bureaus for payment. The CROA states that a CRO is not allowed to accept payments prior to completing the credit repair action they are promising.

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid%3AUSC-prelim-title15-chapter41-subchapterII-A&num=0&edition=prelim

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

when did this turn into a conversation regarding the legality of PFD's? people are successful with them day after day and gives those who are rebuilding credit some light at the end of the tunnel. more-so, it worked for me even after your discouraging posts. take your trolling somewhere else and let others celebrate in their success. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.