cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Some good news! re: When should I dispute with CRAs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Some good news! re: When should I dispute with CRAs?

On May 13, we paid 2 accounts in full (both were 1000+) with PRC for old CAP1 CC's that were not going to fall off until 2019. 

We also paid other smaller accounts to PRC for spouse AFTER this date and they are already reporting as paid (but not "in full" -- but that's another story and another dipute!) Smiley Tongue

How long should we wait to dispute? We have screenshots of all payment activity and a bank statement as well.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How long after PIF Portfolio RC should I dispute with CRAs?

They dont immediately report updates, they usually report in bulk in their next regular reporting cycle.

If you paid at or near their regualr monthly reporting date, it could be next month before it is even submitted to the CRA.

The FCRA does not set a period in days, weeks, months, etc. for reporing of updates.

FCRA 623(a)(2) requires that they "promptly" update information as necessary to reflect its current accuracy.

Next regular billing cycles are usually considered to meet the promptness standard.

A dspute at this point would, in my opinion, be very premature.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know when we paid they told us it could take up to 30 days to update. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldn't you know -- the payments are showing up today. Also had some success with CRAs deleting improperly reported balances too. EX went up by 42 points!! Woo hoo! Only 2 collections left and one is with our old dentist. Had no idea we'd misseda final bill when we moved out of state. Called them up and they are willing to call back from collections! (It was only for $148) Things are looking up! (But its hard to be patient sometimes!

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nkce jump in score! Glad things are working out. Patience is sooo hard when playing this credit game.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.