Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE!! State Tax Lien Dispute Advice

tag
ragensk8r
Valued Member

UPDATE!! State Tax Lien Dispute Advice

I disputed my state tax liens that are on my credit reports through "Credit Karma" based on them not having all the information needed. I received a response today, that my liens would remain on my reports but will be updated.... What do I do now? How can they update the records if they don't have the information to do so. I don't know what to do and any advice will be greatly appriciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: UPDATE!! State Tax Lien Dispute Advice

You need to dispute with the actual CRA's...EXP, TU, and EQ, not the monitoring services.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are you sure that the tax lien public record information lacks your name, address, and/of a DOB or SSN?

Do you have a record of the public record posting as evidence?

You can file a renewed dispute provided it includes new information not presented in the prior dispute.

A documented showing of the actual public record showing would qualify......

Message 3 of 5
ragensk8r
Valued Member

All that I have is the record they sent me in the mail, and it does not contain my son or son. How would i go about obtaining the actual records from the state?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find the jurisdiction where the lien is filed and get a copy, possibly from their website. Then redispute by certified mail. Lien should have full social or dob. If not then you have a good reason to dispute. If the outcome is not to you liking then go online with CFPB and file a complaint against the 3 bureaus.  Many people have had great success doing this.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.