Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE - Stellar Recovery - New Collection -PFD DELETED

tag
iFICO
Valued Member

UPDATE - Stellar Recovery - New Collection -PFD DELETED

This weekend I had a collection pop up on my reports (which tanked my scores 136 points!  YIKES!)  It appears it is for Comcast and Stellar Recovery is listed as the CA.  Does anyone have any experience with Stellar?  I am wanting to PFD.  I havent contacted Comcast yet to see if this is valid or not yet.  I'm still in shock of what this did to  my scores!

Please share any advice you have or any contacts with the CA.  

Starting Score: TU698 EQ691
Current Score: TU800 EQ816
Goal Score: achieved

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

Re: Stellar Recovery - New Collection - Any Advice?

@iFICO wrote:

This weekend I had a collection pop up on my reports (which tanked my scores 136 points!  YIKES!)  It appears it is for Comcast and Stellar Recovery is listed as the CA.  Does anyone have any experience with Stellar?  I am wanting to PFD.  I havent contacted Comcast yet to see if this is valid or not yet.  I'm still in shock of what this did to  my scores!

Please share any advice you have or any contacts with the CA.  

I just did a PFD with Stellar for a Comcast account. If you want a PFD, then write them first asking for a PFD. They will respond via letter with a very short time frame (less than a week). Then you can call them and make a payment. My collection was off in less than 2 weeks. Pretty easy and the CSR rep was super helpful.

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 2 of 25
traveler2005
Established Contributor

If your not sure that you owed comcast, then I would DV them first. My DH got a call from stellar, I called comcast and three of there customer service reps told me that we closed the account with a 0 balance, I remember taking the equipment back and paying our last bill over 6 years ago. Now that the supposed debt is over 6 years old, they have also decided to add it to my husbands experian credit report. We have yet to ever receive a dunning notice.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 25
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Not having received dunning notice is bad while the submarine collection lurks unknown to you in your CR, as it is damaging your score without any action on your part to address it.

However, once you become aware of its presence, lack of dunning notice can actually be an advantage to the extent that it makes any DV sent to the debt collector timely, and thus invokes an authomatic cease collection bar on them until they have provided debt verification.

Message 4 of 25
iFICO
Valued Member

Thanks for the responses-

I have not received a dunning notice from Stellar, and I only knew about the collection thanks to Score Watch alert.  I have called Comcast and they do show a small past due amount saying that I didn't have a zero baance when equipment was turned in.  It was four years ago and I really don't remember (strange that I haven't heard about this balance in four years!!!)   So which is best for me to do - negotiate a PFD with Stellar even though I have yet to recive dunning letter?  or DV them first?  

And if PFD - should I do by mail or try calling?

Message 5 of 25
iFICO
Valued Member

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure where to send my letter since my Google search turned up two locations for them.  Do you mind PM me the office or contact that helped you?  Reason I ask is that I haven't recieved a letter from them yet. 

Message 6 of 25
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

These bozos are nasty little f*****s. I kicked the bear, as I'm near the end of my CRTP, and they inherited something old, and are trying to collect on it. I've disputed them on all the CRA's, just to make them realize I'm not paying a dime. Burden of proof is theirs, and apparently it's not going well, since they're the third owner of it. Now they're updating monthly, and I'm laughing. They only dinged me for seven pts, so I got lucky.

No dunning sent to me. Lots of unknown calls. The kicker is that when I was on the East coast for work, I was getting their calls on my normal time (Illinois) making them seem to be calling past 10p, so I think I could use that caller ID to my "$1000.00 per instance" advantage if legal matters would ever ensue...LOL.

Message 7 of 25
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

...as of today, they've removed themselves from all the CRA's.

Message 8 of 25
iFICO
Valued Member

Congrats on getting them removed.  

I was able to finally speak to them today and I have to say it was a rather easy and pleasant experience.  I had contacted Comcast to verify that I did have an outstanding amount for a bill for final month service I cancelled 3 years ago.  I negotiated a PFD on the phone with Stellar and received an emailed letter confirming the deletion for payment while I was on the phone.  So hopefully it will be off my reports within the 48hours that I was quoted.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Message 9 of 25
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

Mine was off in about 3 weeks. It's not 48 hours. They originally said 48 hours for me. I allowed a week and then called back. I spoke with a supervisor and she said the 48 hour is an in house timeframe for their system but it can take as long as 45 days for the credit bureaus.

@iFICO wrote:

Congrats on getting them removed.  

I was able to finally speak to them today and I have to say it was a rather easy and pleasant experience.  I had contacted Comcast to verify that I did have an outstanding amount for a bill for final month service I cancelled 3 years ago.  I negotiated a PFD on the phone with Stellar and received an emailed letter confirming the deletion for payment while I was on the phone.  So hopefully it will be off my reports within the 48hours that I was quoted.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.