Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE : Verizon Deleted!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE : Verizon Deleted!!

On my Equifax I had a charge off showing I still owed Verizon $2191 and in collections it showed the same debt being owed to Jefferson Capital for $2191. I caontacted Verizon and they wouldn't even talk to me because they sold the debt. So I filed a BBB complaint and was contacted by Verizon executive office tonight and after reviewing they agreed to delete the TL from all reporting agencies.

Wow I really didn't think it would get me anywhere but low and behold it did and it only took 2 days to resolve. I am excited!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Verizon Deleted!!

Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your success story!

Best of luck during the process!!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

In response to this it updated last night and I was alerted Verizon has removed the account but it still shows and impacted my score worse than it did before because of it being more recent. Does it take time to disappear after being deleted?

Screenshot_20180113-171610.jpgScreenshot_20180113-171729.jpg

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id give it 30 days before I did anything else with it.

Keep us posted!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Verizon was deleted from EX and TU.

I am fighting with EQ because they never received the request for deletion. Mysteriously the status of the Verizon report updated on EQ the day they sent the deletion request. I also spoke with the Verizon representative last night about the issue and was told she has done what she can and it was submitted. I have the letter from Verizon stating they requested deletion of the trade line from all reports. I have faxed it and a dispute to EQ for review.

Is there anything else I should do now or just wait. EQ seems to be a pain to deal with.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd send it all in writing certified mail RRR!

That's awesome that they were able to delete.  Stay on EQ....you'll get there!

Keep us posted!

Message 7 of 10
GodivaD
New Contributor

Re: UPDATE : Verizon Deleted!!

Good for you!! They are hard to get off!!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!  Did this end up getting deleted?  Would you mind sending me what you wrote in the BBB dispute?   Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

Amazing! I filed BBB complaint against them and got the meanest executive on the planet and of course she told me the trade line will not be going anywhere.

I'm happy to hear things was different for you and it gave me the motivation to keep trying!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.