cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE for anyone working on getting judgments removed!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE for anyone working on getting judgments removed!!

So I recently got a set aside judgment order to get a judgment deleted from my credit report (about 2 years old). I mailed it to the CRAs in July and just got the FICO alert today...score went up 53 points!!!! I'm not sure if everyone can expect the same kind of results, but it should be encouraging! Took about a month and a half from the time I mailed the form in to see a change in my score.

I know there were a few other people on the boards doing the same thing...hopefully you'll at least see this kind of result!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE for anyone working on getting judgments removed!!

Congrats! What steps did you take to get this started? I have a paid judgement from about 2 years back, but I was told it is only showing as paid on one CRA. I went to the courthouse & got a paper showing it was paid. I don't know if I should write the OC attorney, dispute, or what steps to take. I definitely want it off.

Message 2 of 10
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I replied to an old thread of yours about this recently hoping for an update and positive outcome!

I'm in the process of trying to get a motion to vacate on a paid default judgment. Fingers crossed...

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact the attorney and ask for a motion to set aside judgment for an old account. It has to come from an attorney. They may charge you for it (I had to pay a $100 "Filing fee" but it was well worth it), but there really is no reason for them not to do it. It takes a couple weeks for the judge to sign, and then you just mail it in to the CRAs.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 10
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Did you call the attorney, email him/her or send a snail mail request? Did they respond fairly quickly saying they would do it?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I actually did it before I paid it off. I emailed her (to get a paper trail) asking if I could get a set aside judgment once it was paid, and she said absoltuely no problem, they'd file it the day it was paid in full. So I would recommend emailing first; if you don't get a response in a couple days, give them a call and explain the situation.

Message 6 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice job!   Keep it going.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 10
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your response, Pickle!

I emailed the attorney this past Monday morning, which is two days ago. Maybe I'll try calling this afternoon. Even though I'm askeered to do so.

Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 10
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

For anyone who happens to be following this thread, an update:

I was just typing in a response in another thread to say that I'd emailed the plaintiff's attorney three days ago and hadn't heard back, and that I called him today and left a voice mail.

And then my phone rang!!! It was the attorney and he was VERY nice. It looks like this is going to be taken care of. I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!!

It's kind of funny: When the phone rang I thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if it was the attorney actually calling me?" LOL!

Message 9 of 10
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your success!! I hope mine has a positive outcome too. Do you think it's better to call, email, or snail mail? Hope you get a huge score boost. Mine is exactly 2 years old/paid.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.