cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED 7/21 All this and all I get is a lousy +2 points on Exp??

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: All this and all I get is a lousy +2 points on Exp?? UPDATED 7/21

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Exp just dropped another 20 points today.  F#KK this S#IT.  I havnt missed a payment on anything in almost 7 years and now im at 620.  ALL I DID WAS TRY TO CLEAR UP INNACURATE REPORTING.   

Here is an example of what i tried to clear up ...... This is from Barkclay bank payment line ..... ok ok 30 30 ok ok 60 ok ok 30 CO.  NOW HOW THE HELL IS THAT CORRECT REPORTING SO I CHALLENGED IT.  How am i supposed to get a DOFD from a timeline like that. THERE ARE FEDERAL LAWS THAT PERMIT MY CHALLENGING THIS

Another item i challenged waas a PIF medical bill from 2014 showing up as a CA for a $65 deductable WHICH WAS PAID BEFORE THE DAMN DOCTOR EVEN TOLD ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME. This item dropped my score 15 points when it first hit my reports in 2015 but I only get 2 of them back when i have it removed.

Last 3 months my Exp dropped an aggragate 44 points with the only significant change being the date of last reported.

What gets me the most pissed is that people walk out of Federal Bankruptcy Court with their CH7 discharge with a higher FICO score then I have now dispite 7 YEARS of SPOTLESS history. 7 YEARS of spottless history does noot warrent a 620 freaking score

Rant over

OK  rant not over

In May 2016 I had a 644 Exp with 15 lates and 11 CAs.  Today I have 8 lates and 4 CAs and my freaking scoren is 24 points LESS !!!  Im waiting for a good explanation for this.  May my util was 13% and today its 8%.  That must be it, i gotta charge more.

Please fell free in telling me how this is all my fault and that I just should be a good boy going forward

This rant is not directed to anyone in particular. This is just a global meltdown

Not "your fault" per se, but disputes of old accounts WILL often be detrimental to your scores - thats just a fact of FICO life, unfortunately. Thats why we often advise new folks to "not poke the bear", even if it does seem to be incorrect. Most of the time older stuff (older than 3-4 years) is best simply left alone.

But one point I often try to stress - its NOT "all about the score" - its about your overall profile, and scores do not ALWAYS reflect that, though they will over time. You profile HAS improved considerably, and your scores will eventually reflect that - but it will take some time.

Message 22 of 28
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

"....and your scores will eventually reflect that - but it will take some time."

Its been 7 years

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 23 of 28
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATED 7/21 All this and all I get is a lousy +2 points on Exp??

I feel the same currently. I have 1 baddie on tu that should have come off with the rehabed loan... Came off the other two... Now my new loan posts which I thought would help since I needed va positive loan and now I'm being dinged for loan to high.... **bleep**... I was so excited to only have to deal with the original lates buttt noooooo Im still lower then chapter7 ppl in my life who now have new houses...
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What current credit accounts do you have?

Message 25 of 28
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I have 20+ accounts wilth $50k+ TCL AAoA 5 years  Mortgage in year 10 of 30 with no blemishes

If my congressman wasnt totally useless Id go to see him

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

"....and your scores will eventually reflect that - but it will take some time."

Its been 7 years

I'm confused if it has been seven years since your last negative then why is it still showing on your report?
Message 27 of 28
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Baddies remaining start falling off in Sept. Almost all of them falling off by April '17

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.