Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(UPDATED) Americollect: GW Help Needed

tag
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

(UPDATED) Americollect: GW Help Needed

This is one of the two negative things reporting on my CR after I started to actively clean it up and attempt to correct misinformation. The other thing is Capital One pending removing a couple lates that occured during my divorce in 08, they said 60-90 days for that so I should see those gone end of September provided they are good to their word.

Here's to hoping that Americollect listens positively to my goodwill request, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Due to mismanagement of billing by my Health Care Provider at the time I was completely in the dark about this debt until work submitted me to a Government Security Background check which revealed not only that this account was delinquent but that the debt had been sold to Americollect. I've spent the last two years making payments on this debt and finally cleared it in July. But I know that a collection account recording on my CR is not helping me in the long run achieve my goals.

Wish me luck with this.

JP Smiley Very Happy

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Re: Americollect - Medical Bill: Wish me luck, sent out a GW today.

Mr <name withheld>:

While I understand your issue.  We must comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and report was is true and accurate.

You can put a consumer statement on your credit file that explains your situation.

Thank you.

Kenlyn T. Gretz

AMERICOLLECT

President and CEO

Not quite the results I was hoping for, does anyone have any input on this? :\

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Message 2 of 5
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Re: Americollect - Medical Bill: Wish me luck, sent out a GW today.

I have had zero luck with Americollect either.  :-(

They are my only remaining collection.

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: (UPDATED) Americollect: GW Help Needed

@SpeeDj wrote:

This is one of the two negative things reporting on my CR after I started to actively clean it up and attempt to correct misinformation. The other thing is Capital One pending removing a couple lates that occured during my divorce in 08, they said 60-90 days for that so I should see those gone end of September provided they are good to their word.

Here's to hoping that Americollect listens positively to my goodwill request, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Due to mismanagement of billing by my Health Care Provider at the time I was completely in the dark about this debt until work submitted me to a Government Security Background check which revealed not only that this account was delinquent but that the debt had been sold to Americollect. I've spent the last two years making payments on this debt and finally cleared it in July. But I know that a collection account recording on my CR is not helping me in the long run achieve my goals.

Wish me luck with this.

JP Smiley Very Happy

Have you ever tried to contact the OC about this? 

Message 4 of 5
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Re: (UPDATED) Americollect: GW Help Needed

I had zero luck with Americollect as well.  They didn't even want to hear anything I had to say.  

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.