Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: GW Synchrony...success?

tag
shoo
Frequent Contributor

UPDATED: GW Synchrony...success?

I sent a GW letter to Synchrony bank 2 weeks ago asking for removal of a 30 day late. Today I happened to check my Experian credit report (which I also checked 2 weeks ago). I swear it said I had 2 accounts with negatives before, and today it says 1. I looked and it only listed my negative from Citibank, while Synchrony now says Never Late. Omg! I'm so shocked that it may have worked... I don't actually believe it. I'm waiting for updates from MyFico, CK, etc before I believe it!

UPDATE:

I received a letter in the mail yesterday (1/31/15) from Synchrony bank saying the honored my request to have the 30 day late deleted from my CRs!! This is great. For anyone wondering, I only had one 30 day late and it was from August 2013 on my Care Care ONE card. I sent my letter to the address on my credit card statement. Stay hopeful! Just hoping to hear back from Citibank now!

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Synchrony...success?

@shoo wrote:

I sent a GW letter to Synchrony bank 2 weeks ago asking for removal of a 30 day late. Today I happened to check my Experian credit report (which I also checked 2 weeks ago). I swear it said I had 2 accounts with negatives before, and today it says 1. I looked and it only listed my negative from Citibank, while Synchrony now says Never Late. Omg! I'm so shocked that it may have worked... I don't actually believe it. I'm waiting for updates from MyFico, CK, etc before I believe it!

If its not reporting now you most likely have succeeded with the GW letter, grats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I tried a GW with them on two accounts, both closed and paid in full. I wanted them to delete a couple 30 day lates from 2012. After email and speaking to someone with the CEO, she seemed promising. Then I got a letter over the weekend that they aren't going to help me. Booo!!!

Message 3 of 10
shoo
Frequent Contributor

Got  a letter in the mail from Synchrony! Smiley Very Happy

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATED: GW Synchrony...success?

Congrats! I have a charge off through them that I'll be trying to have removed today. Unfortunately, the debt was sold so I have zero leverage so I have to try through GW calls and letters. Do you have a contact that I can send a GW letter to?
Message 5 of 10
iMarcus
Contributor

whats their info can you please pm me? Congrats!!

Message 6 of 10
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 7 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@iMarcus wrote:

whats their info can you please pm me? Congrats!!

All GW letters to Synchrony should be written and addressed  to the office of the CEO

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4423125

Message 8 of 10
jony

Can someone please send me the Synchrony bank contact details. I'm not able to find the right contact details.

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
corymhoward
Valued Member

Please send them to me also
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.