Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED*Help with Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington Law

@SnakeDoctor If you have time read posts from Norman FG and RobertEG you will learn alot and realize you wont and will never need Lexington Law farts. Take your time read from posts here make this place your second nature sites like fb, emails, twitter
Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
That's a personal decision. I bet if you study hard, YOU can be your best credit repair agency in the world. World over.

I don't know if you are making fun of me or encouraging me. However, it is funny. I am a authorized user on chase and discover which was fcked royally. How would I challenge these or just leave it to lexington? Also, child support on my Transunion. If i pay them off, will they remove it totally? looks so bad

Not making fun of you at all. YOU CAN DO IT, and much better than anyone else!

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Complete waste of time... I also hired Lexington Law firm in 2009 and paid there $99.00 fee and $82.00 per month I believe to dispute my items and "clean my credit". Fast forward 4 months and they had only disputed 3 items basically 1 item per month. I figured there scam out and cancelled it. They are going to keep you on the hook and SLOOOOOOOOWLY dispute 1 item per month and get the $82.00 per month as long as they can. DO YOURSELF a favor. Read these boards and do as I did and do it yourself. I now know thow to clean my on credit and I do not have to depend on anyone. Hope this helps. You can do this yourself. I went from a 495 to 800 across the boards.......

First of all, I am really impressed by your scores and Gratz. I wish someone could look at my credit report and tell me exactly what to do. I wouldn't mind paying a member through paypal to help me and guide me on what and how to dispute everything negative on my report :/ I need someone to hold my hand.

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ mess me up? Look Recent post

So I disputed transunion and equifax to remove chase because I am an authorized user. TU removed it and now I see EQ is me over. They added the credit line to my credit line. put it under collections and put this in remarks...

Can anyone give me the exact rule or law that states I am not responsible. where can i find the laws
Message 24 of 37
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ mess me up? Look Recent post

@Anonymous wrote:

So I disputed transunion and equifax to remove chase because I am an authorized user. TU removed it and now I see EQ is . They added the credit line to my credit line. put it under collections and put this in remarks...

Can anyone give me the exact rule or law that states I am not responsible. where can i find the laws

Go online to the consumer protection financial bureau (CFPB) and file a complaint -- online -- against both the original creditor and the collection agent.  Stress that you are only an authorized user and not responsible in any way for the debt.

For good measure, you can file BBB complaints against both as well.

You can also go the original creditor's Facebook page and make a stink.

The squeaky wheel gets oiled.  You are on solid ground.

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I disputed transunion and equifax to remove chase because I am an authorized user. TU removed it and now I see EQ is They added the credit line to my credit line. put it under collections and put this in remarks...

Go online to the consumer protection financial bureau (CFPB) and file a complaint -- online -- against both the original creditor and the collection agent.  Stress that you are only an authorized user and not responsible in any way for the debt.

Only the original creditor is showing on my file and I think the Bureau put that remarks on my file not the OC. CFPB, I file a complaint against who? Bureau?

Message 26 of 37
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I disputed transunion and equifax to remove chase because I am an authorized user. TU removed it and now I see EQ is . They added the credit line to my credit line. put it under collections and put this in remarks...

Only the original creditor is showing on my file and I think the Bureau put that remarks on my file not the OC. CFPB, I file a complaint against who? Bureau?

Did you get a message from Equifax that they had completed their investigation 'and these are your results"?  If you haven't received that message yet, they may still be working on it.  When I disputed some negative AU accounts, TU instantly deleted the accounts and EQ took a few weeks.   What exactly do the comments say about the dispute?  When the dispute is completed, they will write something about that.  When it's open, they will say it's under dispute.

Still, you can file the CFPB complaint against both the original creditor and the credit bureau.  These complaints get attention.

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I disputed transunion and equifax to remove chase because I am an authorized user. TU removed it and now I see EQ is. They added the credit line to my credit line. put it under collections and put this in remarks...

Did you get a message from Equifax that they had completed their investigation 'and these are your results"?  If you haven't received that message yet, they may still be working on it.  When I disputed some negative AU accounts, TU instantly deleted the accounts and EQ took a few weeks.   What exactly do the comments say about the dispute?  When the dispute is completed, they will write something about that.  When it's open, they will say it's under dispute.

Still, you can file the CFPB complaint against both the original creditor and the credit bureau.  These complaints get attention.

They moved it to collections and this is the remark it says.

Before it was not factored into my utilization and now it is stating 65% is being used when i was at zero....No the case is not closed yet.
Message 28 of 37
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lexington Law*UPDATED RECENT POST

Did you first try the direct approach of contacing the credtior, notifying them that you no longer wish them to report you as an AU, and request that thtey make the deletion?

In actuality, any AU is an "account not mine" for which you are "not responsible."  Those two assertions are not adequate to establish an inaccuracy, as they apply to any AU account.  What has changed is that you no longer wish the AU to report, which you can handle by having the creditor disontinue/delete.

The AU process is contrary to the normal process of only posting information about a consumer's own accounts to their credit file, and is based on their consent to have it done.  There are no published "rules" that govern the inherently screwy process.

Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington Law*UPDATED RECENT POST

I havn't called the original creditor but I will do that now. What number do i call? 

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.