Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT MATTER......HELP!!!Orchard Bank - HSBC

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

URGENT MATTER......HELP!!!Orchard Bank - HSBC

Question-

My account was closed as of yesterday by them and placed with a collection company. All of my bills will still be coming from them but the account is closed. I can settle the account and lose all possibilities of the account being re-opened or I can pay the total due on the account and then once paid in full as for a possible re-instatement. They can not give me a definite guarantee that the account will be reopened which makes me wonder what should I do?

Any suggestions would be great. This is an account I have had for a while (over 2 yrs) so I would hate to lose them but.....

I did ask if they could pull it back from the collection agency and they act like Pres Obama would have to sign off for that to occur.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank - HSBC

Hello Fico Family....Could I please get some help. I am desperate....

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: URGENT MATTER......HELP!!!Orchard Bank - HSBC

My comments.

They are exerting muscle to retrieve the debt that is legitimately owed to them.

They dont care much about even entertaining issues of account re-opening until you pay the debt.

Apparently, the CA has also  reported to your CR.

They say maybe they will, or maybe they wont, re-open, but what that means to me is that they wont.

It is a carrot with no stick. I dont see a reason why they would re-instate a problem acccount without super reeasons.

The real issue is, putting yourself in their shoes, why would they want to re-open an account that not only went into intitial default, but also required them to then pay a CA to assist in collection of a still default account?  Dont they still view you as a high risk client?

Maybe you are putting too much weight on getting this account returned to good status.  All you will re-gain is its CL.

Closed accounts still count in your average age of accounts, so wont ding your AAoA.

Unless it a high CL card, just pay it and let it go.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd PIF now and worry about reopening and GWs later.

ETA...I wouldn't settle.

Message 4 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Its still with Orchard, the collection agency is just who they are using to collect. The account has not been sold. It is still under the orchard bank unbrella. I can continue to make monthly payments until I get it paid off. They are using the leverage of if I settle on the account then there is no way to get it back. If I PIF then once paid, I can have it reconsidered. I guess that is why I am wondering which route to take. If I settle, it is saving me $300. If I PIF then I am not getting any savings out of it what so ever.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@NikJ4 wrote:

Its still with Orchard, the collection agency is just who they are using to collect. The account has not been sold. It is still under the orchard bank unbrella. I can continue to make monthly payments until I get it paid off. They are using the leverage of if I settle on the account then there is no way to get it back. If I PIF then once paid, I can have it reconsidered. I guess that is why I am wondering which route to take. If I settle, it is saving me $300. If I PIF then I am not getting any savings out of it what so ever.

Think about your goals. Settling an account (or at least reporting as such) will drop your scores. A settled account is on par score-wise as a CO. I can't answer this for you, but would a savings of $300 be important than a lower score?

Message 6 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

thank you.... I knew I would get steered in the right direction. I am still a grasshopper learning....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.