Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - NEED HELP - STUDENT LOANS - USA FUNDS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

URGENT - NEED HELP - STUDENT LOANS - USA FUNDS

Hello folks!

I am in need of urgent help!  Long story short, I was declined a job offer because off a poor credit report and one fo the reasons is student loans.  I see that USA Funds is reporting as follows:

UNITED STUDENT AID FUNDS #1906319***

Date Opened: Responsibility: Account Type: Loan Type:

04/20/2012 Individual Account Open Account STUDENT LOAN

Balance:
Date Updated: Payment Received: High Balance: Original Creditor:

$0 12/09/2014 $0
$2,149 NELLIE MAE (Educational)

Pay Status:

Date Closed:

>Account Paid in Full; was a Collection<
07/31/2012

Remarks: >PAID COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 02/2018

>Maximum Delinquency of 120 days in 04/2012 and in 06/2014<

I called USA Funds and they said that this should not be reporting as it has been paid off.  They asked me to send in a letter with a copy of my credit report asking to invesigate this.  Has anyone had a situation like this?  Should this be removed?  Any advice?  Also, my loan with Sallie Mae was sold to Navient.  I have accounts that show "September/October 2013" as being late on both Sallie Mae and Navient -- to me that's double reporting?  I am working to dispute this with them but any advice would help as well. 

Is there a sample letter that anyone has that I can send? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: URGENT - NEED HELP - STUDENT LOANS - USA FUNDS

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello folks!

I am in need of urgent help!  Long story short, I was declined a job offer because off a poor credit report and one fo the reasons is student loans.  I see that USA Funds is reporting as follows:

UNITED STUDENT AID FUNDS #1906319***

Date Opened: Responsibility: Account Type: Loan Type:

04/20/2012 Individual Account Open Account STUDENT LOAN

Balance:
Date Updated: Payment Received: High Balance: Original Creditor:

$0 12/09/2014 $0
$2,149 NELLIE MAE (Educational)

Pay Status:

Date Closed:

>Account Paid in Full; was a Collection<
07/31/2012

Remarks: >PAID COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 02/2018

>Maximum Delinquency of 120 days in 04/2012 and in 06/2014<

I called USA Funds and they said that this should not be reporting as it has been paid off.  They asked me to send in a letter with a copy of my credit report asking to invesigate this.  Has anyone had a situation like this?  Should this be removed?  Any advice?  Also, my loan with Sallie Mae was sold to Navient.  I have accounts that show "September/October 2013" as being late on both Sallie Mae and Navient -- to me that's double reporting?  I am working to dispute this with them but any advice would help as well. 

Is there a sample letter that anyone has that I can send? 

I would not dispute it if it was a factual collection, its showing 0 balance and it hasnt updated in a while, if you dont get the deletion when it updates again its going to drop your Fico score. What you want to do is send a GW letter asking for its removal.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.