Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Need collections advice on Westgate Palace timeshare

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

URGENT: Need collections advice on Westgate Palace timeshare

I'm a Westgate Palace timeshare owner. Called in to advise I couldn't make payment and was told it was okay as long as I didn't go over 60days.  I made a payment online within the 60 days and found out they referred my account to their collections agency (International Collections Agency, LLC).  Don't want to stress but in process of purchasing home within next 30-90 days and can't afford this on my CR.  I'm attaching the letter that was sent (they're trying to collect remaining balance in full)  Looking for best way to handle ths hopefully keeping it from hitting my CR?  

1) Should I contact the original company and try to bargin?

2) Will they actually put this on my CR?

3) Not yet on report but should I contact collection agency and find out if they reported it?

4) Should I dispute it to buy more time?

Sincerest thanks in advance!!International Collections AgencyInternational Collections AgencyInternational Collections AgencyInternational Collections Agency

8 REPLIES 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: URGENT: Need collections advice on Westgate Palace timeshare

1. Yes. Do you remember who you talked to? Explain what they said and see if they can recall the collection from the CA.

2. Eventually, it's highly likely

3. NO

4. Only if it shows up on your report. You can't dispute something that doesn't exist yet

I would call the OC right away. Good luck! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the reply!   I don't remember the name of the person I spoke w/ initially about making my payment however, she assured me that the account only goes to collection after 60days lapses.  She also said she they'd (Westgate NOT collections) be calling me but that she change something in the system that should make my account ok until the following month. 

I've gained over 50pts on my CR in just a month doing the things I've learned here and would hate to loose that to this and jeopardize my closing with a ding.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spot on advice Adkins!!  Did everything you said and they gracefully pulled it back from collections!  Thanks bud.  PPL like you are the reason I'm here!!

Sincerest thanks!!

Next step.... figure out an inexpensive way to get rid of this dag-gum timeshare Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a company called "Timeshare Exit Team".

Message 5 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Spot on advise Adkins!!  Did everything you said and they gracefully pulled it back from collections!  Thanks bud.  PPL like you are the reason I'm here!!

Sincerest thanks!!

Next step.... figure out and inexpensive way to get rid of the dag-gum timeshare Smiley Happy

Awesome news, congratulations! And you're welcome! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks NormanFH for the advice but these guys want to charge me over 5000.00 just to get out of the timeshare.  

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks NormanFH for the advice but these guys want to charge me over 5000.00 just to get out of the timeshare.  

Ouch! Thats a good chunk of change.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it is and that's quite absurd!  Need to find out what others are paying

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.