Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT PLEASE HELP !!!! "pay as satisfied"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

URGENT PLEASE HELP !!!! "pay as satisfied"

I have a settlment from Mann Bracken. This is a judgment settlment they told me if i paid the settlment they will report "pay as satisfied" what this mean? is this will deleted from my public records? the settlment is over 10k

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Re: URGENT PLEASE HELP !!!! "pay as satisfied"

Homer,

If you accept this offer it will still continue to be on your credit report from 7 years since the filing date.  It will update it as Paid, but this will only help you under manual review.  This shouldn't do much to your FICO score since FICO views unpaid and paid public records the same. 

In regards to getting it off your credit report, you would need to get the judgment vacated.  You can try to negotiate with the attorney to get them to remove this for payment.  Most won't but it wouldn't hurt to try. 

I hope things work out for you.

Message 2 of 10
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

I paid off a judgment last year. Once i received that satisfied papers from the courts. I in turn sent it to the CBs. 2 show it as "paid/satisfied" and the other removed the judgment from my report. Try to see if you can get it vacated but you never know.
FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for fast reply...so what term should i ask them to use in the settlement letter???...all he told me is "pay as satified".

So i should negioated "pay  for deleted" only if i want the judgment deleted from my report..

Thanks advance

Message 4 of 10
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Niecy,

I glad they got at least that one removed for you.

Homer,

I would negotiate with them to have them put into writing that they will vacate the judgment upon payment.  I wouldn't take their word for it.  On a side note, I love how collection agencies and attorneys will tell you that they will update your report as paid.  Well what else are they going to report it as? 

But having them listed as paid won't do much for you, vacating it is the only way to get them off, unless you are really lucky like Niecy.

Message Edited by Donks3369 on 10-08-2008 01:36 PM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Homer the word you are looking for is  *vacate*   This means that they (the attorney) will file with the court & have it vacated.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what i got " Upon receipt of $xxxx in the office on or by xx/xx/xxxx, my name will be released from any further obilgations in this matter.

and he try to explain to me after i pay everything will take care off...

Message 7 of 10
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Homer,

Yes, he is correct in that your name will be released from further obligation, that is because it is paid.  But it will continue to stay on your credit reports for 7 years since the filing date.  You need to get the attorney to agree, in writing, that they will vacate the judgment upon payment of debt.

Anything other than that and you are left with a paid judgment on your credit report.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Althought the judgment couple years old and i just got the settlement letter today can i still request DV?

Thanks advance

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

DVing a judgment is not very helpful.

If you can afford it, you can respond to the settlement offer with a very polite counteroffer with the same amount in exchange for "vacating the judgment" and removing the account information from all credit report agencies.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.