cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT URGENT ! PAYING/ERASING PUBLIC RECORD DEBT, JUDGEMENT.NEW YORK STATE.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

URGENT URGENT ! PAYING/ERASING PUBLIC RECORD DEBT, JUDGEMENT.NEW YORK STATE.

Well I guess the Subject pretty much sums up my questions lol, Im desperately trying to figure out a way to Pay and wipe away my Public Record Debt/Judgement. i am willing and able to pay the debt in full being that it is not a substantial amount of $. Any other alternative ways to fight the case ? Just need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thank You & Happy New Year

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: URGENT URGENT ! PAYING/ERASING PUBLIC RECORD DEBT, JUDGEMENT.NEW YORK STATE.

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: URGENT URGENT ! PAYING/ERASING PUBLIC RECORD DEBT, JUDGEMENT.NEW YORK STATE.

If this is a judgement then then only the court that issued it has the authority to revoke/cancel it.

Paying the judgment will not improve your FICO scores.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it is a valid judgment, you were served properly and appeared in court, you cannot dispute it or anything like that.  If you were never served you may be able to have it vacated based on that fact. 

You can always contact the judgment creditor and try to negogiate with them to file a motion to have the judgment expunged as part of a settlement agreement.  It certainly won't hurt to try.

It will stay on your reports for 7 years from the date filed.  If it is a tax lien, it will stay for 7 years from the date paid.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.