Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Settlement won't update with CRA,help needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Settlement won't update with CRA,help needed

I made a settlement agreement with US Bank in writing and it states "US bank agrees to accept this sum as settlement in full on the above referenced account number". After the settlement they reported the payment but not settled or settled for less, only the payment so i called and they sent me a letter saying exactly " We are in receipt of your pament for the above refeerenced account. This matter has been resolved and we have updated your account as settled within our system. The status of your account and mount of cancelled balance that remain charged off will be reported to the credit bureaus. No mention of settled or settled for less and still showing a balance owed ?

Is this a violation of some FCRA ,or something. If they accepted a payment as settlement in full (i have it in writing), aren't they obligated to report it correctly as settled for less and zero out the balance owed. This is still affecting my credit, what is my recourse?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Settlement won't update with CRA,help needed

I am sure there are many experts here that can answer with more expertise than I with respect to the charged of amount. However, I just wanted to say that us bank isn't necessarily the speediest bank for getting the reporting done. I would think a couple months/cycles minimum to see if it is correct. Many times they seem to miss an entire month of updating for me...

How long has it been, and best of luck with it.

Message 2 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Typically a creditor will update your account twice. The first time with the payment and the second time reflecting as settled for less than full. I would give it 2 cycle's to see if they report a second update.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problem waiting , i was just commenting on the statement that "the status of your account and the amount of the cancelled balance that will remain charged off will

be reported to the credit bureaus."  Do you think they are just saying it will be listed as settled for less balance 0, and just state the amount charged off. I just want to be sure the balance will show zero. I am correct it should ,if we settled correct ?

Message 4 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If they agreed that it will settle your account then they have to show a $0 balance owing. Hopefully RobertEG will chime in as he's the best with explaining this.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.