Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank secured card graduation

tag
denver133
Frequent Contributor

US Bank secured card graduation

Really confused here.   I've had my US bank secured card since November 2012. That makes it over 19 months of having the card.  

Never missed a payment, have showed responsible use of the card but I am still not able to get this to graduate. I first tried at the 12 month mark, no go.  Tried in April when I had many of my old paid charge offs hit the 2 year mark, no go.   When I called the recon line then, they said that they would not graduate any card with past due balances owed. I had one left on a personal loan which I had taken care of 2 months ago. 

Knowing I had one last collection to be removed, I waited for that to be deleted.  Here I am last friday with a TU score of 673, no unpaid debt and zero collections. I figured its time this will finally graduate.  Today I call and again, no go.  **bleep**?!   

What is holding me back from getting this to graduate?   Any suggestions?   

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lisal101370

Re: US Bank secured card graduation

I have had a US Bank secured card for 9 years, never missed a payment and they have never upgraded mine....I finally stopped asking. I have other credit cards with $8000.00, $6000.00, etc. limits and my US Bankis still at the same $300.00 limit from the money I put in 9 years ago. I have considered closing it and getting my $300.00 back but it is my oldest card so I let it sit there and use it every once in awhile..

Message 2 of 4
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Thats terrible to hear.  I wouldnt care about it either but I have $3,500 in that card. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.  

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 3 of 4
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

LOL denver, fire them. With those scores I can almost guaruntee you can get other cards - try a Chase Freedom, or Discover IT. US bank just wants to keep your money.

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.