Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank

tag
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

US Bank

I have a US bank nearby. Wandering if anyone has any positive or negative info on their Harley Davidson secured card? I want one more revolving account and my bank doesn't offer them. Or mutual of Omaha or whatever its called? Omaha Bank
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jbrown773
Contributor

Re: US Bank

I got a US bank secured card so I wouldnt have to pay the monthly maintain fee on my checking account.. it was pretty simple to get approved and im keeping it for the fee waver. 

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

I signed up for one of these cards a few months ago. It's not too bad for a secured card since there is no AF. The only caveat I would throw out there is that US Bank does not auto graduate secured cards to unsecured, so if that is your eventual goal, I would suggest looking at another bank. But if you just want the added positive TL (and added perk of no fees on checking), go for it.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 3 of 7
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I'm more interested in the positive trade line. I have checking at my bank that I've banked at since 99. Do you have to have a checking account with them to be eligible for the card?
Message 4 of 7
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

@randyrhodes wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I'm more interested in the positive trade line. I have checking at my bank that I've banked at since 99. Do you have to have a checking account with them to be eligible for the card?

No. I bank with a local CU but don't qualify for their secured CC so I applied online with US Bank. They just asked for the routing and account number of the account from which to withdraw the initial deposit.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 5 of 7
slund5499
Established Contributor

I have had US Bank secured for 2 years. They will not graduate automatically and to do so requires a HP.

Twice I have tried to get it unsecured and both times I got a fat no.....probably because they want to see a 680 to unsecure.

This little CL of $300 is useless, so I think I will just close the account and then apply the $300 security deposit elsewhere where I know it will auto graduate.

Bank America will not give me a secured account....still do not know exactly why.

Any suggestions?

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbrown773 wrote:

I got a US bank secured card so I wouldnt have to pay the monthly maintain fee on my checking account.. it was pretty simple to get approved and im keeping it for the fee waver. 

Just a FYI, US Bank offers free checking if you are a veteran - no proof required.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.