Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Banks Secured CLI and gradualtion

tag
slund5499
Established Contributor

US Banks Secured CLI and gradualtion

I am sick of US Bank with their stall and control tactics. I have had my secured US Bank for 18 months and currently carry a zero balance. They will not graduate because they want to see a 650 Fico. They, also, will not allow increase without running credit check and submitting application.

As much as I want to just close this account and move on.....do so, will just push my current 614 score back down under 600.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Banks Secured CLI and gradualtion

Sorry to read your post. I just received the secured Harley-Davidson CC myself and this is helpful information none the less. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Banks Secured CLI and gradualtion

I've had the exact same experience, having the card the same amount of time. Since I've had gotten the US Bank card I've received a Cap1 with a 1k CL (since moved up to 1500) and a Barclay's card (2500 CL). My TU score, which US Bank uses, was 675 when I last asked for a conversion to an unsecured card.

I've used US Bank for 10 years, have had a min balance of 15k in savings for the last 5 years (at 25k now), and generally am at least 2-3k in my checking account. Even when I called to point that stuff out, they still wouldn't consider anything. They told me they want to see low 700s. I'm at 694 for TU now. Scared to get another HP, so I may just wait until I'm at 725 before I all again.

I appreciate that they gave me a secured card when my credit score was probably low 500s, but they sure do make it difficult to go beyond that.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.