Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Department of Education - STUDENT LOAN

tag
poooookah78
Established Member

US Department of Education - STUDENT LOAN

In another post, I expressed how crappy I feel.  I just got a 60 day late on my student loan, it literally slipped my mind.  How much success if any has anyone had getting a late deleted?  I just came out of rehabilitation with these guys and I'm hoping they'll work with me. 

I called and got the address, wrote a long letter w/ a copy of their entry to my credit report.  Has ANYONE had any luck with them?

Thank You!

BTW, it was a 40 point drop on my FICO from ONE 60 day late!!!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: US Department of Education - STUDENT LOAN

sorry to hear that!  i think your score dropped so much because 60-day lates are considered a more serious delinquency Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 7
eparker
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure about working with them.  But you may want to consider automatic bill pay through your bank.  It's automatically sent and on time.  Something to think about.  Especially if you have a busy schedule. 

Good Luck...

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
poooookah78
Established Member

I realize 60 is considered serious delinquency.  If I don't get this removed and I make payments on time with them will this score go up?

Message 4 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@poooookah78 wrote:

I realize 60 is considered serious delinquency.  If I don't get this removed and I make payments on time with them will this score go up?

sorry, it wasn't meant to be condescending, if that's how you took it.  your score will go up with good payment history, just not as fast as if you got it removed.  as time goes by it will hurt you less.

Message 5 of 7
poooookah78
Established Member

I didn't take it as condesending.  Sorry if it came off as if I did.  I'm just a tad upset at myself right now and I've worked so hard for 2 months and had it gone in 1 stupid mistake.  So, as time goes by does the 60 actually not weigh as much?  I mean, can I still realistically get it above a 600 by the end of this year w/ good payment history?

Message 6 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

i don't see your scores anywhere......do you have other positive accounts to help your score increase faster?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.