Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Advice

tag
airborne07
Valued Member

USAA Advice

Looking for some recommendation in regards to a USAA Charge-Off on my report.  I have been dealing with this account for awhile.  It is only on Experian and Equifax.  However, it is killing my score since they update it on the 26th of every month.  When I got removed from my Trans Union report my shot up to mid 700's.  This is the only negative I have.  I have called USAA's collections department with no luck.  They stated that they would continue to report it until it was paid in full and would not remove it.  I am not going to pay on it if it is already killin my score and they are not willing to have it removed.  Thought about going through Lexington Law but have my doubts.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Advice

paying it in full to report a zero balance is what I would do. It will also lower your utilization that will also help your score and it will stop further damage to your score. It is your debt might as well pay it. Then go from there do GW letters. Not paying anything will just keep your score from rising.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: USAA Advice

Additionally, they may assign the debt to a debt collector or sell the debt, which will likely add a collection to your credit report.

Also, if still within SOL, they could intitiate civil action seeking a judgment.

There is potential for further damage......

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.