cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CC 60 day late removal?

tag
okiedokie

USAA CC 60 day late removal?

Ok, so since joining this forum 2 months ago I have raised my score from 565 to 653 with by challenging Asset Acceptance and getting 2 medical debts taken off. Now the only thing holding me back is 1 60 day late through USAA MasterCard from 1 year ago. I have paid it and my other credit card down to 0 balances and had no other lates. Should I call them and ask to take it off? Any body had any success with that? I was deployed at the time and had Internet access up until then but got sent out to somewhere I was far away from any computer. Think it's worth a shot?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: USAA CC 60 day late removal?

It is worth a try.  Being a military bank you would think they understand deployment hardships.

Message 2 of 3
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: USAA CC 60 day late removal?

I would try sending them a message via the website.  A couple years ago, I had a nasty string of overdrafts over the course of a week when I had a death in the family and was high on pain meds from a nasty kidney stone.  I sent them a message detailing the situation--they reversed every single overdraft charge and vowed not to add any more until I was able to bring my account back into the black.

While I understand this is different from asking them to remove a late from your CR's, it's also different from being out on deployment.  They can be pretty empathetic.  I think you're more likely to get a positive response via message or email; there's not that pressure to keep call times down weighing over the CSR's head.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.