Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CMS 76pt jump in 1 day???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA CMS 76pt jump in 1 day???

I have been reading these boards for a couple months and lately just been disputing things online that were ready to be removed, most of my luck came with EQ and TU. I have been using my CMS for the last couple months, and never saw this, but I pulled my reports yesterday and my EQ was 586. Today my EQ went to 662. I have never seen more than a 10 or 15 pt jump day to day. In the last 2 months I have 5 online disputes I filed with EQ counting the one I filed a couple days ago, which is still not complete. My other scores didn't move at all and I reviewed my report 3 times and found not accounts removed, debt differences, nothing at all. My score EQ score has hovered @ 586 for a couple weeks now, So no idea what happened. Has anybody else seen this? Could any of this be caused by all my disputes and now they are finally resolved?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: USAA CMS 76pt jump in 1 day???

It's a FAKO score movement, like thw score istelf can be ignored.  If you know something big has happended to your report like a big change in util or in a derog, you should get your TU and EQ scores here to see what your FICO score is.  It is also possible that your FICO score could move in the oposite direction or not at all.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 9
luckelle
Regular Contributor

i just started using usaa yesterday. my three fako scores are lower than my real fico scores. go figure. i think experian runs the thre reports right. thats what I see in the top corner of the site. All TU dates are wrong on the reports but not EQ and EX. Hmmm, i just use the sight as a reference.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 3 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

FAKO = worthless

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I don't think the USAA FAKO is worthless.  I track it all the time.  It is always close to my FICO scores.  Your score changed because when you have negative accounts in dispute, the scoring system doesn't score all aspects of those accounts.   When they come out of dispute, your score will change again.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveSignal wrote:

I don't think the USAA FAKO is worthless.  I track it all the time.  It is always close to my FICO scores.  Your score changed because when you have negative accounts in dispute, the scoring system doesn't score all aspects of those accounts.   When they come out of dispute, your score will change again.

I agree they aren't worthless, maybe not correct and there is no algorithm to determine FICO based off of it. From my research and my findings I have found if your FAKO continues to trend upwards then your FICO should also. 

How long until they come out of dispute. For instance my dispute on 4/12 online completed and was removed from my report by 4/16. Since there is only 1 main thing on my EQ that is a old charge off for $28 there won't be anything to dispute after this last one, and I am just wondering how long I should wait to pull my FICO to ensure they are as high up as they will get with my current situation.

Message 6 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long until they come out of dispute. For instance my dispute on 4/12 online completed and was removed from my report by 4/16. Since there is only 1 main thing on my EQ that is a old charge off for $28 there won't be anything to dispute after this last one, and I am just wondering how long I should wait to pull my FICO to ensure they are as high up as they will get with my current situation.

Sometimes it can take 30 to 45 days, but it is usually faster.  Occasionally, you can get the dispute results emailed to you and then it still takes weeks to actually be taken out of dispute status on the report. 

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

when an account is in dispute the derogs do not factor into your scores.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 9
luckelle
Regular Contributor

well my derog came out of investigation with equifax. from day one my score change froze. day 28 the end of the investigation my score went down 2 points. they found that the interest increase from the CA is valid so as a result equfax gave me what seems as a smack of the hand a 2 point penalty. No biggie ill take that. just hate DVs they really hold up ur score for about a month. Lost the battle still working on the WAR!

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.