Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Charge-Off Deletion

tag
airborne07
Valued Member

USAA Charge-Off Deletion

I currently have a Charge-Off with USAA.  They have sent it to a collection agency which whom I am currently dealing.  The collection agency of course can't put it on my CR while I am disputing with them to validate the debt which I know they can't.  I am going to dispute the Charge-Off with USAA also.  Does anyone happen to have a letter for disputing that directly with the Credit Card company?  Figured I'd ask before reinventing the wheel.  Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ruafraidofme
Established Member

Re: USAA Charge-Off Deletion

What exactly is reporting incorrectly? disputing just to dispute is not really recommended and can have a lot of unintended concequences. 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: USAA Charge-Off Deletion

Was your DV request to the debt collector sent within 30 days of their dunning notice?

If not, then there is no prohibition against conrinud collection activiites, including reporing their collection to the CRA.

Any dispute of the CO would need some basis for asserting its inaccuracy. 

Challenging their internal accounting is a bit problematic, and is some cases, taking of the CO may have been required under federal banking regulations.

If you have some basis to support your dispute, here is a sample direct dispute letter:

This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

►       (If sent to a debt collector, (CA), it might be beneficial to also include the blurb
This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt validation/verification  under FDCPA §809(b)
                  (don’t let them just simply sluff it off as a meaningless  DV letter)

In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

Identification of the specific information being disputed:
           (specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under that identifying account)

Basis for the dispute:
            (how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or  regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines?  Account not yours? etc.)

Supporting documentation:
            (all documents that support your dispute; it is recommended to also include, as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your recent credit report showing that the disputed information was actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a  showing  that it appeared in your credit report)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.